Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York (the city) Not booked yet

MabelCG
By MabelCG,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Under $100 is going to be very limiting, but if you can stretch just a few dollars over a few more options open up.

How about:

4* HOTWIRE Gramercy Park - Nomad - Flatiron for $90.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
==> best guess for this one would be the Freehand New York

4* HOTWIRE World Trade Center - Wall Street for $104.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
==> Club Quarters Wall Street

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $106.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Even Hotel New York Midtown East

4.5* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $109/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Omni Berkshire is my best guess for this one

Any of the above work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Each one has a link attached right above the description :wink:

Please use the links in the post / on the board for your purchases.

If you have any issues let us know and we'll walk you thru step-by-step for whichever property you decide upon.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I appreciate your patience with me so much.  it's my first time utilizing this site and I'm a little lost, but your help is amazing.  Just for sh!ts and giggles, what 5* hotel do you think is being offered within the midtown/rockerfeller/central park area under $150/night?  I'm really digging researching these places and seeing all these amazing deals!

I'm away from a computer for the next few hours (on mobile now so ignore any typos) so won't be able to search/research until later.

However, you can easily see all 5 star hotels within your budget using the sort/filter functionality of our BiddingHelper.com tool.  Do your search and then in either (or both) the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW or PRICELINE EXPRESS tabs filter the results (using the checkboxes on the left side of the page) to show you only 5 star hotels and then click the PRICE button near the top of the results... you will then see all 5 star hotels offered for these dates sorted by price from lowest to highest.

As well, if you like researching you can then click the BLUE 'Find Match in Hotel List' button within any listing.  Anything less than 100% we can research that property further for you and update the hotel list accordingly.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you make out or how we can be of further help.

thank you for the information.

it appears as though the Omni Berkshire has the best reviews from past guests, however, after taxes and fees, the total is $524.58, which ends up costing  almost $175/night.  I checked out the cheaper $90/night option hotel, and it has atrocious reviews.  /:

I appreciate all your help, but I've spent hours looking and reading that I must separate myself from the monitor before I get sick. 

Maybe next time!

So what is your plan... are you going to cancel the trip or do you have something else in mind that is within your budget?

Rates for these dates are actually very reasonable for NYC... it's low season (summer) and this particular weekend is right after the July 4th holiday, so there is almost no business travel inflating hotel prices.

Given these rates are actually low for NYC, if you are looking to visit the city at some point in the future, I would consider raising your budget or lowering your star rating.  If you were expecting $100 all-in after taxes and fees, I don't think that is realistic for a decent NYC hotel at any time of year.

I don't mind staying at a 3-3.5* hotel, however, the higher stars hotel usually have better perks and are the better hotels.  I cannot cancel my trip as i have already bought the plane tickets.  I simply can't afford spending that much money for a hotel room that I may not be in.  It was fun to look at all the options and got a little excited thinking I would have a nice view of some fireworks from my hotel.  I'm traveling alone and my family decided to travel away for the 4th, so I have to find a place to stay.

thanks for your time and insight. 

2 hours ago, MabelCG said:

the higher stars hotel usually have better perks and are the better hotels.

Yes, the higher rated hotels are usually nicer, but as far as perks it really depends what benefits you are looking for in a hotel and what is important to you... Free Breakfast (one of the most popular sought after amenities) is usually only found at mid-range properties and rarely at high star rated hotels; Free Internet, another desirable amenity is also more likely at mid-range hotels although now that more NYC hotels are charging resort fees this is usually 'included' in that fee.  On the other hand if you're referring to things like name brand soaps, lotions, and high thread count linens,  then i'd agree, these are more often found and the higher rated hotels.

However, despite your wants, you are likely going to have to focus on your needs, as your budget is on the very low end for NYC so you're going to have to 'give' someplace... what factors are more important to you and which are less important?  For instance, would you prefer a higher rated/reviewed property that was less centrally located or would you prefer something that is 'ok' but more well located?

What is your maximum budget on an all-in per nite basis?

I prefer a property where vandalism is not an issue, as it is at YOTEL.  I prefer a property where customer service and clean rooms are top notch.  WIFI isn't a deal breaker.  I have unlimited data on my plan. Also, centrally located is a plus b/c I do A LOT of walking when I visit.  I also prefer comfy beds b/c I walk a lot. I would like a nice view being that I'll be by myself on the 4th and most likely staying in.  I really cannot do more than $100/night.  

Unfortunately i don't think you're going to find what you're looking for as your budget isn't realistic for NYC for these dates... even the least expensive 3 star hotel in any area of Manhattan for your dates is over $100 all-in (and that's before even taking any of your preferences into consideration).

Let us know whatever you decide to do or if your budget changes at all.

I am circling back to this topic since the site is stating to contact someone on the site to inquire which hotels are the best guesses. I have come across many hotels within my budget, however, all had very poor reviews. The 2 hotels I was holding out on are now booked & now, I find myself having to raise my budget $30-35 more. This has been incredibly stressful!!! 😞 

if you have insight on which hotels that are 3.5-5* in the Central Park, Times Square/theater district, NoMad, Chelsea, Empire State Building, hell’s kitchen, Rockefeller, Midtown areas, I would appreciate it. 

I'm still seeing nothing under $100 all-in.

Best hotel that i think best meets your needs would be:

3.5* HOTWIRE Madison Square Garden for $105.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan / Chelsea

If you think there is a better offer out there, please use our BiddingHelper.com tool and provide us the full details (star rating, zone, room rate, and amenities) and we will have a look at the offer to try and identify it.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

I understood your updated budget, and i still believe the one i listed in my previous post, is still your best option (and is within $8 all-in of your budget):

28 minutes ago, thereuare said:

Best hotel that i think best meets your needs would be:

3.5* HOTWIRE Madison Square Garden for $105.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan / Chelsea

The problem, as i have tried to explain previously, is that your original expectation of obtaining a 'nice' hotel in NYC for $100 all-in per nite is not realistic.

If you think there is a better offer than the one above then:

28 minutes ago, thereuare said:

please use our BiddingHelper.com tool and provide us the full details (star rating, zone, room rate, and amenities) and we will have a look at the offer to try and identify it.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Yes your new budget does now give you more options, and is the reason why the one i'm suggesting above comes into the mix as a possibility.

The problem (again) is that your original expectation of getting a 'nice' hotel in NYC for these dates at under $100/nite all-in is so unrealistic that raising your budget only now gets you into the start of what is realistic.

Have you even yet looked at the Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan / Chelsea... what about this hotel do you think won't meet your needs?

Do you think there is a less expensive option that will better meet your needs?  If so:

1 hour ago, thereuare said:

please use our BiddingHelper.com tool and provide us the full details (star rating, zone, room rate, and amenities) and we will have a look at the offer to try and identify it.

... it's not very difficult since there are still only a handful of hotel that are within your budget (and as you previously pointed out, they generally have poor reviews)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Instead of placing SO MUCH focus into the past, can we focus on the present?! Dude, you are beating a dead horse, quite frankly with my past budget. Jesus!

Yes, I checked out the hotel, but I want to know what else there is in my “MORE” realistic amount. 

Additionally, when I click on the link, it doesn’t direct me to an actual page and when I do the search, the 3.5 in mad sq garden area price is $107, so uncertain if it is the same one. 

I am in the present, as all of the following (from my replies above) pertain to your NEW budget:

9 hours ago, thereuare said:

Yes your new budget does now give you more options, and is the reason why the one i'm suggesting above comes into the mix as a possibility.

9 hours ago, thereuare said:

raising your budget only now gets you into the start of what is realistic.

8 hours ago, MabelCG said:

I want to know what else there is in my “MORE” realistic amount.

I have understood this the entire time, but you are failing to understand that (as of last nite) there was NOTHING else... after taxes (and resort fees where applicable) everything else 3.5* and higher is over $135/nite all-in.

In addition to the 3.5 star Madison Square Garden hotel above (believed to be the Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan / Chelsea) this morning i am also seeing:

3.5* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $93.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
==> Hilton Garden Inn New York / Manhattan-Midtown East... this hotel is do-able from a convenience point of view, but it's a bit far east to be considered ideal.  It's up to you to decide if the $12/nite savings is worth the trade-off of the less convenient location.

So again (at the risk of beating a dead horse) you are indicating that you have all of these other options now that you have increased your budget to $135/nite all-in (when including taxes and potential resort fees).... i see no options other than the two above, so show us exactly which hotels you are seeing within your newly revised budget (by indicating the star rating, zone, room rate, and amenities associated with the hotel) and we will have a look, but i see no other options when looking at your 'all-in' maximum budget.

8 hours ago, MabelCG said:

so uncertain if it is the same one. 

Do your searches with our BiddingHelper.com tool and in the EASY VIEW tab click the BLUE 'Find Match in Hotel List'.  Not only is the rate for the $105/$107 hotel cheaper thru BiddingHelper.com, the FIND MATCH button will confirm that it's the same hotel we are looking at.  Regardless, you should be able to match the hotels you're seeing (even if in the 'regular' Hotwire tab of BiddingHelper.com) with the description/amenities that we have provided in our replies.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]