Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York (Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park) Omni Berkshire Place

WGretzky
By WGretzky,
in

Hello, 

I would like assistance with a booking for NYC, September 27 - 30.  2 adults.  prefer 2 beds, but can live with 1.  Looking to stay close to 5th ave or even Chelsea / meatpacking district. 

Would like to stay around $200 - $230 per night.  Can stretch to $250 if something is really a good value / deal.

For us, priority is over 90% recommended on tripadvisor plus 90% recommended positive hotwire reviews.  I am also looking at pricline express / bid deals so should I post a similar thread there?

thanks for the help!!

On 8/22/2016 at 11:06 AM, thereuare said:

PS- please update your board email as your alerts are bouncing back to us

3x

... and please follow-up your October 2016 Priceline NYC hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.

Then reply here and we will have a look at your upcoming trip above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

How about:

4.5* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $205/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> best guess would be the Omni Berkshire

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $217/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan... fairly new hotel with great reviews and centrally located; i think this one hits all of your touch points above

Either of these works for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The above are from PRICELINE EXPRESS... if you click the links provided above you'll see any bed type options that are offered.

I also checked HOTWIRE but nothing there met your criteria; there was a Wall St-Downtown hotel for about $135/nite (research indicated it was the Club Quarters Hotel or the World Center Hotel, i forget which, but they are basically sister properties in the same hotel) which i thought was interesting for the price, but i didn't pursue it any further since it doesn't meet most of your criteria (i only found it interesting because of the price).

There is also the Westin Times Square for about the same price as the Crowne Plaza HY36, but the Crowne Plaza is a much better option in multiple respects (location, reviews, newer hotel, etc).

Since i believe the Crowne Plaza meets each of the criteria you wanted, how about a different approach.... why not the Crowne Plaza?  What is 'missing' from this hotel that you are looking for that has you looking further?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Unfortunately there is no way to know if rates will drop or move even higher (and a third option, often not considered, is that maybe this hotel disappears entirely!)

Your trip is during the start of peak season in NYC so the price is certainly reasonable (and i'd go as far to say the price is 'pretty good'), but based upon the criteria you laid out above and your other comments in this thread, i'm guessing that while price is important, it's even more important that it's a nice hotel... i think the bigger risk would be this property disappearing and nothing else that is as well reviewed being offered for a similar price.

Given it meets every criteria you have i would lean towards booking sooner rather than later.  Could the price go down $10-$20/nite, sure... but i could also see it increasing by $50-$60/nite (and i would think it very unlikely dropping $50-$60/nite)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 10:41 PM, thereuare said:

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $217/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan... fairly new hotel with great reviews and centrally located; i think this one hits all of your touch points above

If you click the link in the box above (or HERE) it will take you to the deal if still available... it is still available but now down to $206/nite.

... and i also think this one is worth a look at well:

5* Chelsea Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $233/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Kmpton Hotel Eventi is my best guess for this one

For PRICELINE EXPRESS our links go directly to the deal that we had researched, so if you click a link and it takes you to a purchase page, then it is for the same hotel... if the deal is no longer available you'll be given a message indicating that the deal is no longer available (or sometimes PRICELINE will give a message 'sometimes we move some things around and we can't find that page'... but basically if you are given a purchase page it is for the same hotel).

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

For this one:

4* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $203/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> i would agree that the Even Hotels New York Times Square South would be the best guess

You could also consider either of the following:

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $208/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan

4.5* Empire State Building Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $239/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet available
Free Internet
==> Archer Hotel (appears to be no resort fee here, so all-in very similar to the ones above)

ANY of these would be an excellent choice, imo (really comes down to your preference for the hotel style/personality).

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Happy Fourth of July-  where do I find winning bids-  it used to be on top of page.  I would put in a range of 2 weeks in the city I was intersted in and in would show the winning bids w Hotel name.   Looking for NYC Sat/Sun- upper east side, Mid town east or Rockefeller center  2 adults + 1 teen,  like to keep it under 200 including all fees.  Prefer Hilton or Marriot if possible LOL

uptowngirl,

That feature was not being used that much so we removed it from the navigation bar, but it's still available here: Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins

If you'd like help with your upcoming trip please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay... let us know if you have any questions about the city that we can help with.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]