Hotwire Hotel: 5* New York (World Trade Center - Wall Street) Conrad New York

Karen K
By Karen K,
in

I just landed a Hotwire deal ($203/night) for a week in July at the Conrad.  Most of the options, when you clicked through, would say that there would also be a resort fee per night (anywhere from $20 to $40 depending I suppose on how many stars the hotel had).  What was notable about this option -- 5* WTC area -- was that there was no resort fee on top of the $203.  Now my concern is that I'll have to pay that to the hotel once I get there rather than to Hotwire with the original payment.  Any thoughts?  This seems a little sneaky of Hotwire, but I suppose it's all about paying attention.  I thought I was getting a better deal to NOT have that ~$35/night...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

So that your post can best help others (and your win can appear in our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins) please post the full details of your purchase (star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay, and amenities associated with your purchase)... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the right of their home page.

The information above will not only better enable us to answer your question as we can then replicate your search to see exactly what information was shown when you made your purchase (assuming that the offer is still available/offered), but could also help other users who may be traveling around the same dates.

2 hours ago, Karen K said:

I thought I was getting a better deal to NOT have that ~$35/night...

Where are you seeing a $35/nite resort fee at this property... as i don't think they charge a resort fee to any guests.  Are you sure you're not confusing this with NYC's sales/hotel tax (which runs a steep ~15%, which based upon a room rate of $203/nite, would get you close to this $35 figure you're referencing)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi and thanks for the welcome and the super speedy answer to my question!  My Hotwire info is below.  The room was listed at $203.

Reservation information

Booking date:  June 13, 2019

Check-in:  Mon, Jul 01 - 03:00pm

Check-out:  Sat, Jul 06 - 12:00pm

Room:  1 room (2 double beds) | 2 adults | 2 children + Add room

Nights:  5 nights 

Amenities:  Free internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Accessibility:  Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Price summary

Room:  $1,015.00 ($203.00 per night x 5 nights x 1 room)

Taxes & fees:  $317.37

Trip total:   (USD)$1,332.37

Trip total per night:   (USD)$266.47

Policies and restrictions

All bookings are final. No refunds or changes.

Primary guest must be 21 and bring ID.

Hotels will require a credit card when you check in; debit cards may not be accepted.

******* You'll pay the hotel directly for additional charges, like room service or resort fees.  {see below}  

Your selected bed type is guaranteed.

Sometimes amenities may be closed for the season or for renovation, though we try to show what's currently available.

NB:  I have confirmed that there is no resort fee to pay at the Conrad. *******

Thanks for the additional info.

3 hours ago, Karen K said:

NB:  I have confirmed that there is no resort fee to pay at the Conrad.

Great, as resort fees are becoming more and more common in NYC, it's nice to see a hotel that still does not charge them.

I'm very familiar with NYC, let me know if you need any help/advice in the area, one suggestion i will make that is a 10-15 minute walk from your hotel:

Adrienne's Pizza Bar

54 Stone St

==> it's a restaurant (kid friendly), not a slice shop, fairly reasonably priced for NYC (except for beer, wine, and liquor which just like most places in NYC, quickly pads a check) considering the quality of ingredients.  Stick with their square pizza as that is what they are most well known for.

Let us know if you need any other suggestions or help planning your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!  I'm getting closer to feeling ready for this trip, and wondered if you had any rec's for a walking tour app.  I know Detours is now defunct, which is a shame as it seemed to be a fave with many people.  I'm traveling with my kids, ages 14 and 12.  (we all have phones, for better or worse...)  Thanks for your thoughts!! 

I'm also wondering about 4th of July.  Any tips for making the most of this?  This is what I've been told: "the fireworks will be launched from the Brooklyn Bridge, with good views around Battery Park, Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn Heights, & Brooklyn Promenade".  I've ruled out any of the $300+ ticketed options, so I assume this just means bringing a blanket and maybe a small cooler and finding a spot to sit in a park?  I was also told spending the day at Coney Island might be fun.  Any suggestions or thoughts much appreciated!  -- Karen

I'm heading out in just a bit so i'll try to add more a bit later, but to get you started:

July 4th - it's not going to be anything like your home town where you can bring a blanket and sit in the park... it's more likely going to be wall-to-wall people, some of who get there in the early afternoon in order to get a good spot.  Depending upon your hotel room location you may have an excellent view of the large firework display that happens in Jersey City (at Liberty State Park).  I'm not suggesting you head to Jersey City, but much of the Conrad faces the Hudson River and you may have a great view from inside the hotel (especially if on a higher floor).  I would ask at check-in if you could have a room that might have a view of the fireworks... if you can get a good fireworks view from your room you may want to do that, if no view from your room then go with a backup plan, but realize it's going to be very crowded.

Walking Tours - my favorite recommendation is to take the A or C train to High Street (first stop outside of Manhattan, in Brooklyn).  Walk down the hill, bypass Grimaldi's Pizza and instead go to Julianna's (both will have a long line, you can google the history between the two, but given the long lines i like to get there just as they open so that we walk right in and don't have a long wait).  Afterwards, you can continue down the hill to the water and get the kids (and yourself :wink: )dessert at the Ice Cream Factory.  From there finish your cones/sundaes on the water, or walk while licking your cones, back towards the Brooklyn Bridge and walk the bridge back to Manhattan, taking in the Skyline view (and the Statue of Liberty) as you walk the bridge like a local New Yorker... just remember to stay on the correct side of the path to not get in the way of the bicyclists who often come speeding past.

Economy Candy - 108 Rivington St

lots of old time candy, bulk candies, novelties, etc... good prices (definitely try the dark chocolate covered graham crackers)

Roosevelt Island Tram - nice way to see the city skyline all for the cost of a roundtrip subway ride

Coney Island - it takes awhile to get there (figure an hour on the subway) and it might be fun if that's your thing and/or your kids like amusement park rides... to me i'm more fascinated that there is a 'real' beach just outside of Manhattan than i am enamored by the rides.  I don't think many tourists necessarily make out this way as there are too many other things to do closer to (or inside of) Manhattan vs. the time it takes to get to Coney Island (but again, if beaches and/or an amusement rides are your thing, it something to consider doing)

Statue of Liberty - if you want to see Lady Liberty and don't want to make a whole day out of visiting the island, the Staten Island Ferry (free) travels right past it making for a good photo opportunity.  On the ride from Staten Island back to Manhattan i like to see at the front of the boat as we approach lower Manhattan.  Great time to do this is to plan your trip so that you're returning back to Manhattan at dusk just as the lights of the skyline begin to illuminate, yet still bright enough outside to see things.

Sailboat ride - once a summer we like to take THIS COMPANY'S saiboat ride from Chelsea Pier to the Statue and Liberty and back.  Not as much a fan of their 'yacht' and 'architecture' tours, but we LOVE their sailboat rides (Adirondack or Schooner)... pull away from the dock and my stress is just left behind.  However, know what this is... it is not a touristy sailboat ride pointing out the NYC sights, it's a relaxing trip with little narrative; just a great way to see the city from the water (ie- as an example, on one our trips a few years ago, we are approaching the statue of liberty and captain gets on the microphone, "if you look to your right you will see the Statue of Liberty... this concludes the sightseeing section of this trip":biggrin:).

... and previously mentioned in a post above: Adrienne's Pizza Bar

Questions / Comments??

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]