Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Downtown - River North) Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile

Pivot
By Pivot,
in

I've been trying to book a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal but always received the error message "Bummer... Your credit card information is invalid". I'm sure the number is correct and I've tried multiple cards from different bank and PayPal. I also tried to book when signing in or as guest, clear my browser cache,  book under incognito mode, book with or without coupon. Still nothing works and same error. 

I searched the forum and found another post with the same issue but no updates on that one. I was wondering whether there are other people having the same issue or have any idea what's going on here.

The deal I'm trying to book is HERE.

My goal is to get Sofitel at Chicago for 7/3-7/6.

Any help will be appreciated!

As a note I did try the referral link from the site to book it's the same error.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I assume you're trying to purchase directly thru PRICELINE with your credit card and not using your credit card thru PayPal?  If not, i would try making the purchase without PayPal.  If you already tried purchasing directly on priceline's site, and since this is happening with multiple credit cards, my guess eould be that this sounds like a 'communication' error on PRICELINE's side in trying to get any credit cards approved.

Two options i can suggest:

First, try this link:

4.5* Downtown - River North (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $111/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Free Internet in room
Fitness Center
Free Internet in public areas
==> best guess for this one is the Sofitel, and the link above uses a slightly different URL structure than the 'standard' PRICELINE link... worth a shot, but to be honest, i'm doubtful this will be successful since the issue appears to be with actual check-out and not with getting to the checkout page

Second, book thru hotwire:

4.5* HOTWIRE Magnificent Mile - Water Tower for $113.57
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> Sofitel is my best guess here (you can use the EASY TAB view of our BiddingHelper.com tool, click the 'Find Match in Hotel List' to confirm the correct listing)

Either of the two options work in getting you to successfully book the hotel you're hoping for?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see the issue resolved itself and that you were able to complete this transaction, receiving the hotel that you were hoping for.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]