Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Orlando (Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek) Walt Disney World Swan Hotel

Battykoda
By Battykoda,
in

I was looking at the "name your own price section" under Priceline and chose Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek... selected 4.5 stars, entered my bid,  and hit Preview Offer I noticed that Hotel Fee of 202.50 comes up in my bid:  

Hotel Fee:US$ 202.50

I am looking at 6 nights.

Since that number, divided by 6, comes out to 33.75, could I infer that I am bidding on The Swan and Dolphin, which is the Resort fee that they charge? Or should I not refer anything with that update?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When bidding on PRICELINE the resort fee shown is a 'worst case scenario'... in other words, it's the highest resort fee charged by any hotel of that star rating in the zone.  In fact, at this point in the bidding process priceline has not yet checked inventory for your dates, so there would be no way for them to show the exact resort fee (even if they wanted to) at this point anyway.

Not sure of your dates (but i had to add dates to provide the following links), but the above would not be The Walt Disney World Dolphin since this hotel is currently 4 star rated by priceline (on the other hand the Walt Disney Swan is 4.5* rated by priceline).

What are the actual dates that you need?  Are you hoping for the Swan/Dolphin or are you looking for something different?  What is your budget for this trip? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

PS- you may have had difficulty finding the bidding page on priceline as they continue to move/hide it, instead focusing on PRICELINE EXPRESS deal... we have set up the following page BiddingForHotelRooms.com for the quickest/easiest access to their bidding form, if you ultimately decide to go that route (and should the bidding page change locations we will adjust BiddingForHotelRooms.com accordingly :smile:)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the reply... I used your BiddingHelper.com to review and if I move forward I will be using that site to bid. 

My dates are Sept 7-13. I am actually kind of hoping for Swan/Dolphin. I already see the Dolphin available at 207 per night (1631.88 total). I was thinking of trying to get under that as much as possible (was thinking of bidding @125-150 a night and see what happens). I didn't want to bid the Dolphin due to how many other hotels four stars opens up.

From what I see, 4.5 stars, at Bonnet Creek, I believe that there is only 4 hotels that it would consider: Swan, Waldorf Astoria, Floridian and Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House...?   The only two I see maybe accepting is Swan and Astoria, based on their lower PRICELINE prices. Astoria has a much higher Resort fee. Would the bid care about the 202.50 in resort fee (as opposed to Astoria's 270 for the same time-frame) or only care about the total price?

Thanks again.

16 minutes ago, Battykoda said:

Would the bid care about the 202.50 in resort fee (as opposed to Astoria's 270 for the same time-frame) or only care about the total price?

Not 100% certain what you're asking here, so i'll provide a bunch of info on the subject and if it doesn't answer your question just ask again and clarify and i'll respond accordingly... your bid price is based upon room rate only and is on a per nite basis.  Any resort fee is payable directly to the hotel at check-in/check-out and not included in your bid price, nor is it collected in the amount that you pay directly to PRICELINE.  In your example above, the $202.50 is shown by priceline as a separate line item so that you can determine your maximum total cost... but that amount is actually not paid to priceline and it is collected by the hotel at the time of your stay.

16 minutes ago, Battykoda said:

thinking of bidding @125-150 a night

How about The Walt Disney World Swan for $158/nite (confirm your dates on the landing page) and you can know exactly where you'll be staying... but of course if you'd prefer to move forward Bidding for a Hotel we can suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thank you for using our BiddingHelper.com tool for your bidding (if you decide to go that route) or the links above if you decide to book the 'known' Swan hotel at $158/nite.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I appreciate the effort in looking, but when I go to the landing page the dates that are selected are 7/7-7/13. When I update to my dates of  Sept 7-13 the rate balloons up to 274 per night at the Swan. I absolutely would have booked the 158. 

Your explanation did answer my poorly worded question.

Thanks again.

Sorry, my mistake on the dates...

2 hours ago, Battykoda said:

I already see the Dolphin available at 207 per night

Actually, i think you're more likely looking at The Swan, as i think you're looking at this one:

4.5* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $207/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Walt Disney World Swan is my best guess for this one... and the code in my signature (or at the top of the page) takes an extra 5% off

I'm seeing what also looks to be the Hilton Bonnet Creek for about half that price.  I understand wanting a Disney property, but the Hilton has just started to offer Disney perks (FastPass, Extra Magic Hours, etc.) so maybe at half the price it's one to consider.

Of if you want to give bidding a try let us know your maximum bid price and we will suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow (ie- from previous comments i assume you would be bidding for a 4.5 star property since at the 4 star level too many other properties come into play?)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take the one above) and we'll take it from there.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to do the bidding as I'm thinking that I'd get the Waldorf well before Swan accepted a bid...

I am leaning towards the Swan but think that I might wait a bit to see if the price comes down any more.

Thanks for your assistance.

20 minutes ago, Battykoda said:

I am leaning towards the Swan but think that I might wait a bit to see if the price comes down any more.

You can use our sister site, RateDrop, to monitor rates for your dates directly at The Swan (to know if/when regular retail rates drop) as well as to know if/when a 4.5* hotel in the Bonnet Creek zone.

However, keep in mind that while you're hoping for rates to go lower, prices for this PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel could move higher or it could disappear entirely.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or how we can be of further help.

• 1 month later...

My apologies for delay in replying.  I decided not to use the name your own price as I didn't want to risk getting the Waldorf due to their fees.

I was able to get the Swan for 162 (plus fees)... I used https://www.betterbidding.com/ and got a price of 203 via the Priceline Express option for the following:

4.5* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $207/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

I was then able to apply a code that I received via email to bring the cost to 162.

Thank you very much for your help.

Please close this thread as complete and VERY satisfied.

Regards.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results... a very nice deal with the discount!

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]