Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York (Rockefeller Center) Warwick New York

ladyluck83
By ladyluck83,
in

First time blind booking, and this forum is a huge help!

11/3/19 - 11/7/19 

$236 per night 

4.5*

Soho-Tribeca

Full Amenities: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Pet Friendly

I am looking for Nomo Soho, and believe this is it, but would like second opinions.

The thing is, am I booking too soon? Or is November high season in NY or is there some kind of big fair or convention going on during my trip period? I am seeing prices much higher than say June or August. 

Thanks for your help! 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The Fall is high-season for NYC... rates typically begin to move higher mid-Sept and gradually increase until a mid-December (and summer is typically low-season, so from a demand perspective, you're really comparing two different ends of the spectrum).

For the hotel above:

4.5* HOTWIRE SoHo - Tribeca for $236.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> i'd agree that this would look to be the Nomo Soho

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, if you decide to wait, but also keep in mind that besides 'price risk', there is also 'hotel risk'... if this is the htoel that you're hoping for, what if this hotel disappears from the search results entirely?  If you're flexible on where you stay and the actual hotel you receive, then this is less of an issue, but it sounds like you have your heart/decision made for this specific property?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi @thereuare, thanks for the reply!

I didn't know that the fall IS the high season for NYC.. yeah I chose the days because the airfare was cheaper from my country (S.Korea). The plane tickets are non-refundable so I guess I have to eat up the higher accommodation prices and try to find better deals with hotels.

I kind of decided on Nomo Soho because I wanted to stay in the Soho-Tribeca area and I prefer clean, modern hotels, but without the through the roof expensive price. Higher floor preferred. As I am traveling solo, space is not an issue. I am open to other hotels in/near this area, so if it is not too much bother could you make suggestions? My budget would be ~$250 per night. 

Not sure of your plans while in NYC, but i would also consider this one:

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $231/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan... newer hotel (built in last 2-3 years) that is centrally located (2 blocks from Penn Station which has multiple subway lines) and generally gets great reviews

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it to goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm back!

So I decided to go ahead with this hotel (presumably Nomo Soho), and luckily it is now $204! 

But the problem is, I cannot go through with the reservation. 

I have used the partner link on the top of the bidding helper site, to land at hotwire, and did the search from there, since the direct link from biddinghelper does not work(it definitely lands at the hotwire hot rate hotel page, but when I click on the Book Now button, it always go to the cookies disabled page, even though I do have my cookies enabled, and even registered hotwire as an "allowed site" for using cookies!)

Anyway, I did the search and chose bed type and filled in all the info needed, and when I click on Book Now it returns "Sorry, we can't complete your booking. Your card hasn't been charged. Please try again." message. Does that mean that the hotel/room type is not available anymore? Does this kind of error happen often?

4 hours ago, ladyluck83 said:

"Sorry, we can't complete your booking. Your card hasn't been charged. Please try again." message. Does that mean that the hotel/room type is not available anymore?

This usually indicates that the inventory HOTWIRE had for this property is sold-out (and you'll likely see this listing removed from the offers within the next 24-48 hours).  There is a chance that the hotel gives them more inventory, but no way to know if they will, or if they do if it will be at the same price.

It's exactly what we warned about in our original reply above:

On 5/30/2019 at 11:11 PM, thereuare said:

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, if you decide to wait, but also keep in mind that besides 'price risk', there is also 'hotel risk'... if this is the htoel that you're hoping for, what if this hotel disappears from the search results entirely?

Have you been to NYC before and what are your needs for this trip that you chose this property, as there are certainly other offers that i think provide better value and/or get better reviews.

PS- thanks for mentioning the cookie issue, hotwire is aware of that problem and working on a fix, although we should have a workaround on Mon/Tues

Yeah I figured, so I decided to look for an alternative.

This is my second trip to NYC, but the first have been so long ago and I was a dirt poor student, so it was a much different experience. (I stayed in a hostel. Can't do that anymore)

I chose Nomo Soho to be able to be near the soho area for the shopping and dining, but I am not dead set on this. I just wanted to stay in a different area from my second hotel, which is AC New York Times Square. My major objective is musicals, NY Phil, and Met Opera.

I just find out a great deal on Hot Rate for Warwick New York(according to biddinghelper) for $158, so probably I am going to go with that one. Can't beat the cheap price, as I will be traveling alone and cannot split the price with anyone.

Thanks for the kind reply and advice!

For this one:

4.5* HOTWIRE Rockefeller Center for $158.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
==> i'd agree that the Warwick is the best guess here and a very nice hotel for this price

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results... a very nice deal for this centrally located and well reviewed hotel.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great time in NYC!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]