Priceline Hotel: Disney Hotel 6/21 to 6/24

askimos
By askimos,
in

Hello!

I am looking for a Disney property hotel that is preferably 3.5 star or higher (Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, etc.) I tried to look in the Walt Disney World-Bonnet Creek area. We don't want to pay anymore than about $200 a night, but of course, the lower the better. :) 

I was also wondering if I can bid on a room for 3.5 or higher, as I see that any that are 3.5 or higher are either Disney or have resort fees; my point being, if I see the bid wants to add a resort fee, I know to avoid it. Right? I just want to confirm or deny if this madness works. :) 

Thank you for your help!

Andrea

Welcome to BetterBidding!

54 minutes ago, askimos said:

I was also wondering if I can bid on a room for 3.5 or higher, as I see that any that are 3.5 or higher are either Disney or have resort fees; my point being, if I see the bid wants to add a resort fee, I know to avoid it.

Unfortunately this isn't going to work on multiple levels (although i like the way you think)...

First, the resort fee shown on the bidding page is a 'worst case scenario' (ie- it's the resort fee of the hotel in the zone which charges the highest resort fee)... not the resort fee of the underlying hotel that you are bidding on.  In fact, at this point in the bidding process PRICELINE has not yet even search inventory for your dates, so even though don't know what hotel you're going to win at this point in the bidding process.

SIDE NOTE: priceline continues to move/hide the bidding page, so if you are having trouble finding it, the easiest way to pull up the Name Your Own Price form is this page which we set up for the exact purpose:

BiddingForHotelRooms.com

As well, the star rating you choose is the minimum you are willing to accept, so in the case above, your 3.5* bid could be upgraded to a 4 star (or higher) rated hotel.

There are a bunch of other reasons why the above won't work, but the two above should be enough to deter you from pursuing this method.

1 hour ago, askimos said:

I am looking for a Disney property hotel that is preferably 3.5 star or higher

A few options...

4* HOTWIRE Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek for $105.00
Resort
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess would be the Walt Disney World Dolphin (you would know better than i would if this would work for your 'Disney property' needs or not... even if not ideal, maybe you could make it work at nearly half your target budget?)

If the above doesn't work you can get close to what you want as this is just slightly over your budget:

3.5* HOTWIRE Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek for $219.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Resort
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
==> Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is my best guess for this one

Either of the above work for your plans / budget this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see you're pleased with the outcome.

Was this with a Priceline Bid, PRICELINE EXPRESS deal, a HOTWIRE purchase?  If PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE do you recall the amenities associated with the hotel and shown prior to your purchase?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]