Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Montreal (Montreal Downtown - Latin Quarter) Gouverneur Hotel Montreal

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hello Thereuare et al:

I am going to Montreal for a conference in mid-June.

The conference will be held on the campus of University du Quebec a Montreal. Here is a link to a GOOGLE MAP showing the conference location versus accessible hotels.

I want to be within 10-15 minutes walk to the conference site. The following hotels were suggested by the conference organizers, and all are within 15 minutes:

• Hyatt Regency Montreal
  • Auberge le Pomerol
  • Hotel Dauphin Montreal Downtown
  • Hotel Labelle
  • Hotel le Roberval
  • M Montreal
  • Résidences Universitaires UQAM (West Lodge)

But I am not sure which zones they are located in.  And even if I want to bid, I not of the right zones to use.

Could you please send me some suggestions ?  And a bidding strategy?.  My maximum bid/per night should be about $100., for a 3* minimum rating.

thanks - Ps

How about this one:

3.5* Montreal Downtown - Latin Quarter (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $85/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Indoor Swimming Pool
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Hotels Gouverneur Montreal would be my best guess for this one which looks to be a 5 minute walk to the star location on the map you linked to above

Another option would be this one through HOTWIRE:

3* HOTWIRE Downtown Montreal Festival and Latin Quarter for $82.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Kitchenette
==> Hotel Les Suites Labelle (which is one of the hotels you listed above)

I don't think bidding is the best option for you for this stay since you are trying to stay within walking distance of a given location, and the zones you would need to bid can be further away then a 15 minute walk (and certainly further than a 5 minute walk like the one above, which seems to meet your budget)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, Thereuare:

I thought of bidding given that this hotel is probably the only 3.5 in that zone ... but you never know - I can be landed in a different place....

So I took your advice and booked through PRICELINE EXPRESS and got the Hotel Goveneur ...@ $85/night - almost 50% off the listed price of $159.00

Top Amenities

Free WiFi

Indoor Pool

Fitness Center

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Cable/Satellite Tv

Hair Dryer

Room Service

I did book through the PRICELINE link you sent ... 

Enjoy Happy Memorial Day.

thanks - Noela

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a great deal at this property and that it will be very convenient to the conference you are attending.

Even if this is the only 3.5* hotel located in this zone, the other issue with bidding for this trip is that your 3.5 star bid could have been upgraded to a 4 star property, which brings a whole new group of hotels (which may be further away from your venue) in the mix.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay (and the conference).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

13 minutes ago, thereuare said:

Even if this is the only 3.5* hotel located in this zone, the other issue with bidding for this trip is that your 3.5 star bid could have been upgraded to a 4 star property, which brings a whole new group of hotels (which may be further away from your venue) in the mix.

Perfect .... never thought of that ...

Thanks, anyway ! 

Best wishes - Noela

Always happy to help! :smile:

Another side note if you still do a lot of bidding:
Priceline has been moving/hiding the Name Your Own Price page and making it harder to find.  We have set up the following page for direct access to the priceline bidding page so that it always easily accessible:

BiddingForHotelRooms.com 

Good to see you around the board... catch you next time.

35 minutes ago, thereuare said:

Priceline has been moving/hiding the Name Your Own Price page and making it harder to find.  We have set up the following page for direct access to the priceline bidding page so that it always easily accessible:

BiddingForHotelRooms.com 

Yes, I realized that last night and had to come back to this board for guidance - for some reason, I guessed there would be a post on it, and I did find your links....

thjanks - MN

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]