Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Los Angeles (Hawthorne - Lawndale) Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

valencia
By valencia,
in

I used your BiddingForHotelRooms link and tried bidding today for 4* at LAX with low bid of $89 as I had seen this HOTWIRE hotel at $104 but I used the 10% off Hotwire promo code to bring it down to $94. ( THANK YOU). 

Got refused at $89 bid, was not surprised, so went ahead and booked this. It was at $103 then changed to $104 in the few minutes I placed the bid at PRICELINE and then  booked at HOTWIRE

I had had not been looking at “Hawthorne” earlier but realized this is also good for LAX. 

I am here. Hotel is nice enough. There are several hotels in a cluster sharing same shuttle. You can walk in 2 directions to fast food or full service restaurants. 

However, the shuttle did not come in almost 45 minutes, as I saw repeats of every other hotel go by. This hotel is about 3.5 miles from the airport, but that does take almost half an hour with this crazy traffic.

price was right but if money is no issue stay at The Hyatt, Crowne aplaza, Homewood Suites, etc that are practically walking distance from the terminal 

Thanks for the info... sorry the shuttle took so long, but at least it sounds like it was due to traffic and not the vehicle sitting in the hotel parking lot.

My first time at LAX i stayed at the Sheraton and if i had known how close it was i might have walked as it was over an hour for the shuttle (which was packed by the time it got to us)... i think it's often hit-or-miss.  On the plus side the next day the driver dropped me off at the car rental location rather than make me return to the airport and grab the car rental shuttle from there (probably saved me about 30+ minutes).

Enjoy the rest of your stay and your time in L.A.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]