FL Orlando Crowne Plaza Universal

teasea
By teasea,
in

Just a quick follow up on the Crowne Plaza, Universal-Sea World, Orlando

The hotel and staff were both excellent. The rooms were large and clean, very well appointed and the staff willing to help. There is a lot of traffic on the busy road so perhaps request a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the pool.

There were daily free shuttles to Disney(drop off at Epcot, where you could use Disney shuttles to get to other parks) leaving at roughly 8:30am, 10:30am and returning again at around 7pm and 10pm. The ride to Disney is approximately 30 minutes. With the timing of the shuttles returning from Disney it is not possible to stay for the fireworks at the Disney parks at this time of the year as they start at 10pm. The hotel is very convenient to Universal Studios. There are a number of outlet malls a short distance away and restaurants within a 2 minute drive.

• 2 years later...

I reciently stayed at the Crown Plaza Universal and thought I would relate some experiances I had.

The Hotel is very nice but I would rate it at a 3 star level. We asked for any available upgrades and were promtly told: "Not for a Hotewire customer" this seemed a rather rude way to answer but I expected as much. We were given a low room that was set up for hadicapped guests. We asked for a different room and were told that they were booked solid. When we arrived at the room the A/C did not work. Called the front desk and they said they would send someone up. We needed to leave for awhile but when we returned, it still did not work. We asked for another room and this time they had one. The reast of the trip went really well and the service from the Bell Captian/Consierge was 5 star. The service staff really made up for the problems we started with. although it is not to the level a 3.5 star should be overall it was a nice place to stay and very close to all the areas we needed to go to.

• 1 year later...

My wife and I recently returned home from this stay at Crowne Plaza. Everything went great. The Priceline booking made things very fast. The hotel itself was very nice and the extended pool hours were great -- a very nice stay. We were very pleased.

We booked this hotel for $51 total. My brother and wife, last minute, decided to travel with us and booked the same room as us(two doors down from us) at the Crowne Plaza and paid $129 plus tax. I guess that shows that PricelIne is very good to use for booking hotel rooms.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]