Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Union Square East area Chancellor Hotel

Ofir.Levi
By Ofir.Levi,
in

Hello all,

I'm planing  a trip to SF and the area.

Looking for hotel for 4 nights.

I'm traveling alone.

I would like to stay at the city where I can use public transport (will not have a car)

I would like to get one solid hotel (3 stars, good rating).

Which area should I focus?

Dates are:

Sep 7 - Sep 11

Thanks.

Good to see you around the board, been awhile.:smile:

What is your expected budget? (per nite before taxes/fees)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Generally speaking San Francisco is a very 'mass transit' friendly city.

The two main downtown locations are Union Square East and Union Square West, and these will likely have your most frequent bus/train service.  As you get further outside of this area public transportation will still likely be do-able, but less frequent/convenient, and you would likely need to dig deeper into the hotels guessed to find out exactly just how close/convenient/frequent they are to mass transit. 

Starting our search for just USE or USW to see what might be available within your 3 star and higher and under $150/nite criteria:

3.5* HOTWIRE Union Square East for $147.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Hotel Fusion would be my best guess for this one

If you wanted to go cheaper (and still have a decent rating) you would have to look further to something like the airport zone:

3* HOTWIRE SFO International Airport South - Burlingame for $117.00
Free Parking
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==> best guess here would be the Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn.  With any airport location hotel, unless there is a bus stop walkable from the hotel, you would need to take the hotel shuttle to the airport and then BART (the San Francisco subway system) to Downtown.  While this is do-able, it also looks better on paper than in reality since there is always wait times for the hotel shuttle, then walking to the BART platform and waiting for the train... 10+ minutes 'here and there' can begin to add up to a significant amount of time, especially if doing it every day (or a few times a day); although it comes down to budget vs. convenience.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts on each of these offers (or how it goes if you take one of these) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you searching for 1adults/0children... it only appeared for me when i changed the search from the default 2adults to the 1adult (which i assume is all that you need for this trip)?

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide. $147 is a very good price for these dates - unfortunately, there's little else in core areas of San Francisco under $175.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

For this property:

3.5* HOTWIRE Union Square West for $174.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==> Hotel Vertigo would be my best guess

(NOTE: you could also see this result by using the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW tab and clicking the GREEN 'What Hotel is This?' button next to the offer)

I had seen this one earlier but didn't post it since it also has a $17 resort fee, which in addition to the $174/nite room rate, put you beyond your target $150/nite budget... although our current 10% Hotwire Coupon might help make this one within reach (or the previous hotel above a better value than it was before the currently available 10% off)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

• 2 months later...

You're welcome... let us know how you make out with your HOTWIRE purchase or if we can be of further help.

Thanks for the note...

I was away from a computer all afternoon, i was able to update most of the codes from my mobile device, but for the BiddingHelper.com code i needed to be at a computer.

I too sporadically got the cookie issue today while on a mobile device, but it was working fine all day (for me) from a desktop... i'm hoping it's one of HOTWIRE's internal experiments and will be fixed soon.  In case i need to further provide Hotwire with additional information, were you too on a mobile device when this happened or did you also experience it on a desktop?  Was this only from the EASY VIEW tab of BiddingHelper.com or did you also have an issue with the 'regular' HOTWIRE tab?

Thanks.

Instead of a specific hotel that you want, please tell us more about what you're looking for in a hotel... what about the Hotel Zeppelin is it that you like?  What aspects are most important to you... star rating, location, reviews, etc?

Not finding anything that i think you would be interested in at the 4 star level (rates are high for these dates) but i did find this one:

3.5* HOTWIRE Union Square East for $206.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==> Chancellor Hotel on Union Square would be my best guess for this one... it's 'only' 3.5 star rated, but it gets excellent reviews, good location, and currently the #21 rated hotel in San Francisco... also appears to be NO resort fee and you can use the current 8% hotwire discount (use the 'regular' HOTWIRE tab in the BiddingHelper.com or this HOTWIRE link)

Would this work for your needs?

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]