Chances of scoring this deal?

VAlegacy
By VAlegacy,
in

Hello World

Nov 30th - Dec 8th or possibly the following week for a value resort family suite Disney World onsite?  For instance Lion king family suite, etc.  I will be traveling regardless during that time but one the next week too.  I am okay with not scoring a disney resort, but it will be an added bonus.  If I dont score a disney resort, I will reserve it from here.  Anyone have a good idea of my chances for that time frame?  Its the week after thanksgiving so should be slower.

Is T-6 out the best time to look? 

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The best time to book would be whenever you see a good deal at a property that works well and fits your needs; especially since you're looking for something specific.

How many adults/children do you need accommodations for?  What is your expected budget (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the response thereuare.  I should have been more clear.

I feel like I could find great deals for that time frame throughout the year, but what I'm really trying to do is score a disney resort, specifically a value family suite, because I feel the discounted room will fall more into my budget of $200-$250, as those  rooms are $330 right now.

So I guess if you know historically, how far out is the best time for disney resorts?

Of course I do know by the very nature of hotwire it's a crapshoot so we will be happy regardless.

I have a family of 6, 4 children 2 small children so really any 4 person room will suffice, as the little ones have a portable bunk bed.

https://www.hotwire.com/hotels/details/MzAwMDg0NzM3NjU6MzAwMDg1MzQzNjg4OQ--

This is an example of one I just found.  I know it's not a disney but I wonder if I should expect these even up to 1 week out?

Thanks again

I'm traveling this holiday weekend so there may be a delay in our usual speedy responses, and we are trying to first respond to stays that are imminent (so stays that are 6+ months away are likely to have a longer delay).

On 4/18/2019 at 8:29 PM, VAlegacy said:

HOTWIRE links to specific hotel offers expire about 30 minutes after the search, so if you click the link above you will see that it does not show any hotel information, and why we post the full details (star rating, zone, dates, amenities, room rate per nite, etc) of the hotel offer rather than just a link to it.

What does the hotel at the link above show... is it a hotel that is one week from arrival OR is it a hotel the actual dates you need (or something else)?  What specifically are you asking about the property offered above... would this same property be offered, will the prices be similar, etc?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My question is; historically how far from ETA is the best time to try to nab a Disney property?  

The link was to a 70% off bonnet Creek hotel, and I wonder if savings will dwindle as the date approaches.

I'm wondering as well if it is a pipe dream to expect to even get a Disney property for that time frame.

Didn't mean to be pushy, safe travels.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:33 PM, VAlegacy said:

My question is; historically how far from ETA is the best time to try to nab a Disney property? 

There is no 'ideal' time... sometimes hotels are offered well in advance of check-in, other times close to arrival date.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:33 PM, VAlegacy said:

I'm wondering as well if it is a pipe dream to expect to even get a Disney property for that time frame.

We have been seeing more Disney hotels than in years past, but i think the issue that you may encounter is having one of their suite rooms appear.

Found this last night.

Hotwire Hot Rate

2 adults 2 children

T/A 4.1 out of 5, 2000+ reviews

Nov. 30-Dec 7th

$206/night

Orlando, Bonnet Creek Area

3.5*

FULL AMENITIES:

Resort, Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Spa, Childrens Activities, Free Parking

Also, there is no "% off", so hard for me to compare to regular rates.

Best guess?

I assume this is the offer that you're referring to, which i'm currently seeing for $236/nite when searching for 2adults/2children (not sure if the price changed or if you previously didn't include children when you saw the $206/nite rate):

3.5* HOTWIRE Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek for $236.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Resort
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
==> from the Orlando Hotwire hotel list this matches previous reports for Disney's Coronado Springs Resort and would be my best guess for this one

Does this work for your needs at this price?

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

At this time no, due to it not being much of a savings.  I will continue looking in the weeks/months upcoming.

In addition to what you told me earlier though, it serves as confirmation that contrary to all of the blogs and articles I've read, on-site resorts are offered far in advance.

There is currently another that I believe value resort for the same period right now.

I will return though when I see something that has possibility, and I will make sure I book through this site.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Backdrop:

I have active reservations through WDW for these dates at Port Orleans Riverwalk (6 occupancy).  I may cancel if confidence is high.  The bidding tool couldn't identify, but the hotel match shows 100% confidence.  However, 6 people will be in my party.

I do not get these results when I search hotwire with 2 adults AND 2 children, but I do get them when I search just 2 adults.  I'm not sure that is accurate.  I will post the other 2 in following threads.

3* Bonnet Creek 11/30-12/07

1 room/2 adults

$161/night - 41% off

4.1/5 2000+ reviews

Complimentary Free Internet

Airport Shuttle

Golf nearby

Pool(s)

Resort

Restaurant(s)

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible for hearing impaired.

You can keep all threads for this stay in this thread, this helps reduce the number of threads that don't have a resolution, as well as in the future makes it easier for others to see everything that was considered for the trip, from start to finish and in chronological order.

For the first one (90% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE guests when viewed in BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW):

3* HOTWIRE Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek for $161.00
Free Internet
Resort
Shuttle
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
==> best guess would be Disney's All-Star Music Resort

For your second listing (95% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE guests when viewed thru BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW):

3* HOTWIRE Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek for $161.00
Free Internet
Resort
Shuttle
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
==> Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

For the third property:

3* HOTWIRE Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek for $527.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Shuttle
Pool
Restaurant
Business
==> Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Thank you for the response. 

I'm not sure about these, as the all star music and art of animation are the only 3* resorts with family suites.

All-star music I'm pretty confident about.

The all-star sports does not have a family suite, and the Hot Rate price is $20-40 more per night than the rack rate through Disney.

Art of Animation at $527/night would be close to $100/night more than rack-rate....

28 minutes ago, VAlegacy said:

as the all star music and art of animation are the only 3* resorts with family suites

As none of the hotels above show a room type (at least on my search) what makes you think that you will receive a family suite room... or am i missing something? 

Although we can't see the names of the rooms either, i'm comfortable with my guesses/research above.

No sorry what I meant is all-star music and art of animation are the only value resorts that offer a family suite.

The rack rates on these rooms are as follows:

All-star sports: Preferred room $140/night   Standard room $123/night   This resort does not have a family suite.

Art of Animation:  Standard room $184/night  Family Suite $408/night.

The all star music hot-rate price would be significantly above the rates offered through Disney if it wasn't a family suite.

The all-star sports doesnt offer a family suite, the current hot-rate price is way above the disney price.

Art of animation is well north per night ($100) of any room offered during those dates.

It seems like Hotwire is artificially inflating these rates..but an extreme amount.

Yes to the second part.  I'm seeing the hotrate for this hotel with multiple room options is well over the standard room price and thinking that it must be a suite for that price....since it's well above the standard rate and below the suite price.

Is that a bad method?

Of course, this little disclaimer on hotwire scares me:

"Savings based on median published rate we've found on leading retail travel sites in the last 24-48 hours for the same neighborhood, hotel class, and stay dates."

I know Hotwire is shady like that....

I think you're heading down a path that i would not recommend on mutliple levels:

1) if no room type is shown i would not book for double occupancy and show up with 6 guests.  If all standard rooms at the hotel accommodate six guests, or if a specific room type that accommodates six guests is offered and you purchase that specific room, then it could be a perfectly acceptable plan but there are times when it is too risky (imo)... all-inclusive properties, hotels where you get special access or privileges for being a guest, etc.  There are times where it may still be worth it if you're saving enough money and willing to get hit with extra charges at the hotel (where even the expected amount of extra charges still make the savings worthwhile), but you have to weigh the risk vs. the reward (which leads us to the next point)...

2) What if you guess right on the hotel but wrong on the room type, you're assigned a standard room, and HOTWIRE says "Sorry, we'll honor our best price guarantee and refund you the difference".  Unless you were given a specific room type and booked that room type, you now have no recourse as HOTWIRE made no promises as to what type of room you would be assign... they do guarantee that the room will accommodate the number of guests that you include in your search, but you'll already way beyond that when booking double occupancy and showing up with six.

3) The savings disclaimer you point out is a moot point as this is in reference to the crossed out rate that they sometimes show.  You didn't indicate that you're using this information in your hotel research, but you shouldn't, as this information is not meaningful when researching hotels.

Bottomline is that if no specific room type is shown and booked, you have to make the assumption that you are going to received a standard room.  Yes, sometimes you are assigned a higher level room, sometimes you get upgraded at check-in, sometimes you can even pay for a higher room class... but to assume that you're booking a higher level room based upon price is not recommended.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]