Priceline Hotel: im new on this

Jgarciaquinones
By Jgarciaquinones,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE have been used successfully by many, many travelers to get deals on hotels. Extra fees such as resort fees are charged to regular rate bookings as well.

Let us know more details about your stay (dates, desired budget per night, desired star rating, acceptable zones, purpose of your trip, and any other factors) and we would be happy to suggest how to proceed.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I assume this is the Priceline Express offer you're referring to:

5* Downtown - Port of Miami (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $133/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> best guess for this one would be the Kimpton EPIC Hotel

The 'issue' (that is not an issue) for the offer above is that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, so you could receive a room with only one bed (not sure if your 2 year old sleeps in a bed or crib) and not a place to sleep for your child.  However, this is not necessarily an issue for the offer above since this offer shows a room choice fo 2 beds and also indicates that '2 children under 18 years stay free of charge when using existing beds'.

The problem if you bid for a hotel is that you don't know what type of room you will receive (or maybe you get a different hotel than the one above that has a different policy for children).  Depending how flexible you are 'adapting' to whatever the room configuration may be, this may be a lesser problem with a 2 year old vs. when your child is much older (as well as hotels having less of an issue with a 2 year old than when the child is mid-teen and taller than many adults).

A second option would be this offer from HOTWIRE:

5* HOTWIRE Downtown - Port of Miami for $126.00 (this price offered by searching using our BiddingHelper.com tool and then looking in the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab)
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> the Kimpton EPIC Hotel would be my best guess for this one as well.  This offer also qualifies for the $10 off coupon you see at the top of the page or in our Hotwire Coupon page.

HOTWIRE does allow you to search for up to quad occupancy, but for this offer if you include one child the price does go up to $143/nite. (although HOTWIRE considered 'children' to be 2+ years old, so if your child looks closer to 2 years old vs. closer to 3 years old, you could potentially book for 2adults/0children, call the hotel after your booking to let them know you have an almost 2 year old who needs a crib/bed, and see what type of room you have been assigned.  If any issues you can then call Hotwire and let them know that you didn't include the child because s/he is under 2 years old, and ask them to either resolve with the hotel or cancel the reservation).

With all of the above noted, if you still would like to try bidding on priceline let us know your maximum bid price and we can suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed, or how it goes if you take one of the offers above, and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Those are good prices.. and I'm ok with them. But definetily if I find something a lot cheaper it will be much better since with need to book a park and go also. Right now we have a reservation on a Hapmton that is 190 with 7day parking included with taxes is like 220$ just in case i dont find something better. My daughter sleeps on a bed but for one night will adapt but I prefer 2 beds.I dont mind having a 3+ Hotel... Soo any suggestions?? 

I appreciate the help!! Thanks

51 minutes ago, Jgarciaquinones said:

Soo any suggestions?? 

I think you need to decide what it is that you are looking for and what you want from this one nite stay.

If you need a 'Park and Go' package you're not going to get that from PRICELINE / HOTWIRE.  As well, you can't compare a 3 star Hampton Inn to the 5* hotels offered above.

You can determine what parking will cost you at the pier (or at a nearby location that offers parking without a hotel stay), add that on to the cost of a PRICELINE / HOTWIRE hotel, and determine your best deal (and 'best' deal may not only be determined by price... a 5* hotel that costs $20 more when factoring in parking may be worth more than a 3* hotel that includes parking).

Your other option would be to look at the airport area where you can likely also find cheaper 'long term parking' at the airport and leave the car there while on your cruise.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just want something on that location never being on Miami . But definetily cant compare a 5 * star to a 3*<<that  I know. I was just giving  a little bit of more info if where I stand right now cause I know the only way of getting the packages of park and cruise is directly with them. I check a park and go is around 80$ near the port so will look into your suggestion.

Going back to the bidding.. If we just found a 5* for 135 a night how much will be a good deal for a  lower category??  Cause 135 a night is really a great deal

I would love my deal to be below the 200$ between parking and hotel!

Ohh my English is not that great so I will apologize for that.

If there's a $133 5* on PRICELINE EXPRESS as noted above, a bid may be successful in the $105-115 neighborhood. However, PRICELINE EXPRESS (and HOTWIRE) does have added value in being able to make an educated guess as to which hotel might be showing given the information given, whereas PRICELINE bidding you have to be willing to accept anywhere in the zone at that star rating. Additionally, PRICELINE EXPRESS listings often show bed choice whereas there is no bed choice option when bidding.

In terms of cheaper options/lower star ratings, it really depends on the star rating/zone.

When searching for 2 adults/1 child on HOTWIRE, a cheaper option I'm seeing is:

4* HOTWIRE Downtown - Port of Miami for $96.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==>  Best guess would be the Hyatt.Regency Miami

Would the PRICELINE EXPRESS listing or HOTWIRE listing be of interest? If not, did you want to bid for a 5* or a lower star rating?

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Thanks for keep educating me!! U guys know more than me. As an advice>>> I have never being on Miami will love to experience a little bit by walking distance. I will get a park and go so either way I need to drive to that parking. Should I expand my search? What do you personally feel will be a better approach for me? And what is your thoughts about the start rating difference. I apologize  I feel know like I'm bothering. I just discover this site and all the tools plus the help u gave us >>im excited and really grateful ! 

First questions / things to think about...

How long is your cruise?  How much is parking for this length of time at the cruise port?

What time do you expect to arrive to Miami (the day prior to your cruise)?

What aspects of a hotel do you value... star rating, higher end finishes/furnishings, value, free breakfast, etc.

Do you already have specific things in mind that you would like to see/do this day before your cruise?  Will you also explore on embarkation day or is the gameplan to head to the port as early as possible to be one of the first on the ship?

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

.Cruise is 8 days /parking is 86$  aprox

. 1pm or 2pm

. About the hotel it needs to be clean +  good costumer service + good area ohh a pool!!!

I dont have yet specific things to do.. maybe go out and explore whatever is around<go eat!

.Havent decide about going really early to the ship.. my early will be 12 if I do so.

I think it really becomes what you want from the hotel experience and how much you are going to use the amenities. Additionally, how far do you want to go from the port?

I still think that this listing on PRICELINE EXPRESS is a great option (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

5* Downtown - Port of Miami (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $133
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
>>>Best guess would be the Kimpton Epic The Kimpton gets fantastic reviews (4.5/5 on tripadvisor) and has a pool.

At the 4* level, I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

4* HOTWIRE Downtown - Port of Miami for $96.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==>  Best guess would be the Hyatt

If you want to consider other areas, how far are you interested in staying away from the port?

So let's take a different approach... why not the guessed Kimpton Epic hotel?

What is missing from this property that would make this an ideal choice?

I've stayed at this Hyatt many years ago and while it was a nice hotel, we enjoyed our stay (pre-cruise as well), and it served our needs well... but the pool area is not really anything special.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]