Hotwire Hotel: San Francisco June 14-17 - Hotwire Hotdeals

KevisionB
By KevisionB,
in

Hi there, yesterday evening I started browsing Hotwire for the first time in 5+yrs as the Marriot Starwood merger seems to have sucked every decent deal and loyalty bonus I was accustomed to with the SPG gold status I held for several years : (

I was looking in particular at San Francisco from June 14-17th (3 Nights) and probably would prefer SOMA to Union Square, I'm cool with a good 3star but usually stay in a 4 or at least a 3.5.  In always like pools, especially on bid sites, as they helped me 'crack' the mystery hotels a time or two in my day.  Hotwire was tempting me with the Americania Hotel at a reasonable price which is tempting but then they also offered me what I'm sure was the Hotel VIA at an amazing price, something under $150 USD/night, I didn't keep track because before I realized what a great offer it was it vanished. Is this a common technique?  I know it doesn't have a pool but do phantom deals like this ever resurface?  

Any tips or suggestions would be great because now it seems you can't even access the Hotel VIA for those days from Hotels.com or Trivago or anything....

Welcome to Betterbidding. 😀

Some of what I'm seeing around or under $150:

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4.5* South of Market - Moscone Center (<<<----CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $157
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor Swimming Pool
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
>>>Best guess would be the Intercontinental San Francisco

4* South of Market - Moscone Center (<<<----CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $151
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
Free Internet in public areas
>>>Marriott Marquis would be my guess.

HOTWIRE:

4* HOTWIRE Union Square East for $117.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==>  A guess would be the Hotel Emblem. A 5/5 tripadvisor rating is showing on the detail page, so the underlying property gets excellent reviews.

With HOTWIRE and PRICELINE Express, rates can change at any time (while price declines closer to the stay are possible, rates can also jump suddenly) and/or listings may disappear if inventory sells out for your dates.

You can use the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS promotions in my signature, as well.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]