Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Maui Island (Wailea - Makena) Andaz Maui Resort - A Concept By Hyatt

Cdtravel
By Cdtravel,
in

Hi! Just looking for help on which hotel the Priceline express offer might be.  July 7-17, 2019.  I need 2 beds for sure as we are a family of four.  The price is $346 USD per night.  What are the chances that this is the Grand Wailea?

Does it make sense to try and do a bid instead?  Thank you in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Using the PRICELINE EXPRESS tab of our BiddingHelper.com tool, i assume this is the property you're referring to:

4.5* Wailea - Makena (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $346/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
Free Internet in public areas
==> best guess for this one would be the Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort - A Concept by Hyatt

Does this work for your plans this trip, or were you specifically looking/hoping for the Grand Wailiea? (if so, then we can discuss the pros/cons of whether bidding would be worthwhile or not)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, thank you for your quick response!  Just trying to get a good price in the Wailea-Makena area.  If I did the bidding, then I am assuming it is for 2 ppl per room only.  So that won’t work for my family of 4.  Any thoughts on when the best time is to book?  

Bidding is for one bed/double occupancy. You can call the hotel after booking and request two beds - they may say yes, may say yes and charge more or may say no. There's no way to know - it may depend on the hotel or the day or who you talk to. HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS offer some listings with bed choice and then you can look to see if 2 beds is one of the options. HOTWIRE also allows one to indicate 4 people in the party, which should result in some form of bedding (2 beds, 1 bed + sofabed or 1 + rollaway) for the whole party.

In terms of timing, there is a discussion in the FAQ here, but I'll also note in recent years that as demand has ramped up (and this isn't a slow time of year), rates definitely don't always go lower closer to the stay - they can also definitely go higher (and suddenly.)

The listing linked above has 2 beds as the first bed choice option. Would this possibility be of interest?

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

8 hours ago, Cdtravel said:

Any thoughts on when the best time is to book?

The best time is when you see a hotel that works well for your needs and is a good deal... as the same offer may no longer be available the next time you search or wait too long to make a decision.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]