Hotwire Hotel: Disney

KLC78
By KLC78,
in

I've been playing around on Priceline and Hotwire to see if I can get an onsite Disney resort. I am open to staying off property but since we aren't renting a car...on property would be much more convenient. It will be a family of 6 (plus a child under 3) so I either need 2 standard hotel rooms or a suite/villa that sleeps 6. 

Anyway, I have thought a couple times I may have had something so I start to research and go back to book and the offer is no longer available. My dates are a little flexible so I've tried playing around with them a bit. 

Looking to keep it under $100 a night per room...or under$175 if it sleeps 6.

Looking at:

April 27 to May 1st

April 28, 29 or 30 to May 4th

May 1 to May 7 or 8

May 4 to May 8 or 11

May 7 to May 11

Would someone mind helping and taking a look to see if you are coming up with an on property Disney Resort...or off property that offers the same perks (Magical express, FP+, Extra Magic Hours)

Thank you for any help that you can provide. 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Under $100 for an on-site property for this time of year seems like it would be a bit of a stretch... what property(s) did you think you found when you attempted to purchase but the order did not go thru?  Did you include 2adults/6children in your search?

13 minutes ago, KLC78 said:

Looking at:

April 27 to May 1st

April 28, 29 or 30 to May 4th

May 1 to May 7 or 8

May 4 to May 8 or 11

May 7 to May 11

There are probably 100+ permutations among the date ranges above.  From the dates you posted it looks like just about any nites between April 27-May 11 are acceptable... are any nites within this range not acceptable?  How many nites are you ideally looking to stay for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases. 

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The dates listed are in coalition to the available dates we are looking to fly due to cost of airfare. 

This is a last minute quick trip for my daughter's 3rd birthday due to the cheap flights I came across and wanted to take advantage of. I would prefer 4 or 5 nights.

I don't normally travel to Disney this time of year. It's usually July through December and never have I had such a hard time finding something we want...and last minute it always seemed cheaper. We are AP holders and go to Disney at least twice a year.

Most of the time I rent DVC or other Timeshare points from friends or use room discounts. I've never paid more than $300 for a 2 bedroom villa...and that was at Christmas.

My plan was to stay at Bonnet Creek in a 2 bedroom for cheap (as I have many times before) but I'm being told they are sold out. 

Maybe my expectations are too high. My past trips, being so cheap, may have spoiled me. I just assumed this would be a quieter time for Disney but maybe I was wrong. I haven't found anything through Disney directly for less than $350 a night! There aren't any values or moderates available except a cabin at Fort Wilderness.

I have searched for 2 rooms as well as suites in Bonnet Creek and Disney Springs on Priceline and Bonnet Creek on Hotwire. 

Maybe my best bet would be to do a blind bid and just hope I end up somewhere decent at this point and rent a car if need be. 

47 minutes ago, KLC78 said:

Maybe my best bet would be to do a blind bid and just hope I end up somewhere decent at this point

Note that priceline continues to move/hide their 'Name Your Own Price' bidding page, if you decide to go that route we have set up the following site for each access (which i would suggest you bookmark now if you often bid on priceline): BiddingForHotelRooms.com

The issue i see with bidding is that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, and you actually need occupancy for 3-4 guests in each room.  While the risks of using PRICELINE for more than double occupancy in Orlando are substantially lower than trying to do the same in a place like NYC, Chicago, etc., it would still be a risk which would increase during high-occupancy dates (which these would appear to be given the prices you're seeing).

Using HOTWIRE where you can search for up to quad occupancy per room would seem like a safer option, and if you have resolved to staying off-site, i think you will have more options that are within (or at least close) to your target budget.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]