Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Gramercy - Union Square) Life Hotel Nomad

lucyred
By lucyred,
in

Please help me out BB gurus. I looking stay near these areas are we are visiting Kleinfeld Bridal on the 3rd.  The three I am looking at show these prices & amenities:

$165 PER NIGHT

4-star Hotel in Madison Square Garden area |  70% |

(2001+ reviews)

1 Room, 2 Adults, 0 Children

Tue, Apr 02 - Thu, Apr 04

Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired see less 

SAYS THE LAST BOOKING WAS THE STEWART HOTEL

$162 PER NIGHT

4-star Hotel in Chelsea - Greenwich Village area |  55% |

(501 - 1000 reviews)

Free internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center see less 

SAYS THE LAST BOOKING WAS THE PAUL   (PROBABLY END UP WITH BUNK BEDS LOL)

$171 PER NIGHT

4-star Hotel in Gramercy Park - Nomad - Flatiron area|  70% |  

(101 - 300 reviews)

Free internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center see less 

SAYS THE LAST BOOKING WAS THE LIFE HOTEL

Looking to say btwn $400-$500 total for the two nights.

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the offers above:

4* HOTWIRE Madison Square Garden for $165.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Stewart Hotel would be my best guess for this one

4* HOTWIRE Chelsea - Greenwich Village for $162.05
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> The Paul Hotel NYC-Chelsea, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

4* HOTWIRE Gramercy Park - Nomad - Flatiron for $171.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Life Hotel Nomad would be my guess here

By the way, another advantage of using the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW tab is that you can use the GREEN 'What Hotel is This?' button which would provide a preliminary guess for each of the HOTWIRE offers above.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would slightly favor the Stewart, but not firmly enough that i would argue if you chose the Life Nomad.

I like the location of the Stewart a little better (Life Nomad isn't a bad location, i just like the area by the Stewart a bit better) and the hotel was recently renovated a few years ago.  As well, most (not sure if all) rooms have a little efficiency/refrigerator which makes it easy to keep inexpensive drinks or other items in the room.  The Life Nomad rooms look a bit 'spartan' to me, which may be a minimalist look that some prefer, buy it's just not my taste.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I booked this late last night and the price jumped up during the day but then dropped to $164/nt so I jumped on it. I’m happy with location and price. Our room is good size for NYC and the bathroom is fantastic.

Amenties are

free wifi

pet friendly 

smoke free rooms

fitness center

restaurants

business center

internet access

Really love using HOTWIRE and your site. I’ve saved a ton of money and always had good hotels.

any recs for bagels tomorrow morning? 😀

Congrats on your success! 

Excellent win for this newer NYC boutique! Glad you are pleased with the result and thank you so much for your compliments on Betterbidding!

Article on the hotel/history of the building: https://ny.curbed.com/2017/4/11/15256662/nyc-new-hotels-life-magazine-nomad

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

1 hour ago, lucyred said:

any recs for bagels tomorrow morning?

Not sure if you're serious but i almost always have a bagel recommendation :tongue:

Depending which direction you're heading (in proximity order to your hotel):

Best Bagel and Coffee

225 W 35th St (between 7th and 8th Ave... north side of street middle of the block)

Liberty Bagels Midtown

260 W 35th St (between 7th and 8th Ave... south side of street closer to Eighth Ave)

Ess-A-Bagel

831 3rd Ave (between 50th and 51st St)

All are worth a detour, imo.

Hope you're enjoying your time in NYC.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]