Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York (Madison Square Garden - Convention Area) Crowne Plaza Hy36 Midtown Manhattan

tippytoes123123
By tippytoes123123,
in

Hi! I will be in NYC for 1 night, from Aug 25 to Aug 26. 

I was looking at this Express deal and could use some help with identifying the hotel if possible. 4.5* in Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park Area, $139/night.

This is another alternative I was looking at. 4.5* in Times Square - Theatre District Area, $157/night. 

Other suggestions are welcome too! We are tourists with only 1 night in NYC, so we would like someplace central, or at least well-connected in terms of transport.

We'd like to stay at 4.5* hotels. Ideally, the all-in cost (after taxes, resort fees, etc) would not exceed $200, though we can go slightly over if really necessary.  

Thank you in advance for any help, and I will be sure to use the Better Bidding links to book. 

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4.5* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $139
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
Free Internet in public areas
>>>Best guess would be the Omni Berkshire.

4.5* Downtown - Wall Street (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $161
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>Best guess would be the Andaz Wall St.

5* Downtown - Wall Street (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $159
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>Best guess would be the Wagner 

5* Chelsea Area (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $165
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Fitness Center
>>>Best guess would be the Eventi

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $151
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Free Internet in room
Fitness Center
>>>Best guess would be the Crowne Plaza HY36

Unfortunately, not sure on the 4.5* Times Square. I'm not seeing this listing when doing a search for these dates this morning.

Would any of the above possibilities be of interest?

Thank you for keeping us updated with what you decide and please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please provide the details of the hotels that you are interested in within your post rather than linking to the offer, as this enables others to be able to know what you were considering in the future (even after your check-in date or once the hotels above are no longer available, at which point the links above become worthless)

Of the offers above my recommendation would be the Crowne Plaza HY36 as it is a newer hotel (about 2 years old), gets excellent reviews, and is centrally located (you could walk to Times Square in about 10 minutes and multiple subway lines are 2 blocks away inside Penn Station)... i think this hits all the criteria in your post and comes in under budget.

Does this work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you AaronJB and thereuare for your kind help and suggestions. Please accept my apologies for missing out on the details of the hotels, I will most certainly do so in the future. 

I went with your recommendations and indeed got the Crowne Plaza HY36. A big thank you for the recommendation, I did some further reading and it does sound like an excellent choice! 

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are looking forward to your stay at this well reviewed property.

For an inexpensive breakfast nearby i recommend both of these places (each are right down the block from each other):

Best Bagel and Coffee (closed Sunday)

225 W 35th (north side of street between Seventh and Eighth Avenues)

Liberty Bagels Midtown

260 W 35th St (south side of street, also between Seventh/Eighth Avenues (but closer to Eighth Ave))

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]