Hotwire Hotel: Chicago River North Area 11/14 to 11/16

pcgirl
By pcgirl,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

HOTWIRE does indeed have a zone named 'River North'... if you search using our BiddingHelper.com tool and click the EASY VIEW tab you will see a list of the zones on the left side of the page (PRO TIP: hover your cursor over the zone name and you will then see a link 'Only' which when clicked will UNcheck all of the other zones, just leaving with results for only the River North zone)

AaronJB knows this area very well and i'm sure will comment accordingly, but to give us a bit more of what advice to offer, can you let us know more about your trip... what is it that you're looking to do while in the city?  What star rating and budget (room rate per nite before taxes/fees) are you looking for?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

4.5* HOTWIRE River North for $127.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  A guess would be the Kimpton Palomar,which has been seen with this amenity set previously. If this is the Palomar, it's in a particularly central location in River North. This is also the cheapest 4.5* showing downtown. River North is great - lots of dining options and not far to Michigan Ave. 

Would this possibility be of interest? Additionally, very familiar with Chicago and happy to answer any city questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you for this information. I really appreciate it. I have stayed at the Palomar, so this would be good. 

There's supposed to be a block of rooms set aside at another hotel, but I don't know the price yet nor when they will be available. I want to have a backup available in case this doesn't pan out. 

This really isn't a back-up as PRICELINE / HOTWIRE offers can (and do) change often... so this property may not even be one that is offered once you're ready to move forward; or the price may be drastically different.

If you're looking to have something as a true back-up i'd suggest booking something that is fully refundable as this way you're locked in at a good price today, if you find a better deal (or the room block offers a better option) you simply cancel your back-up reservation and take the better offer.

We run another site, RefundableRates.com, which should make it easy to compare rates on a refundable basis (as the non-refundable rate is of little use to you at this point in time) as well as find a hotel close to the exact location that you need to be.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide to do for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please close this thread with whatever you ultimately decide what to do for this stay (once a decision is made).  This help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]