Hotwire Hotel: Number of guests?

Lawyeron
By Lawyeron,
in

This is going to vary from one hotel to the next, but it will be 'easier' to get away with at a larger hotel (big lobby, front desk is often busy and not staring at the front door waiting for next guest to walk in, elsewhere for the 3rd guest to 'wonder' around during check-in instead of going up to the front desk, etc, etc).

What are the details (dates, star rating, zone, room rate per nite, etc) of the hotel that you're looking at?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hi thereuare and thank you for your reply (and all previous assistance).

i will be visiting NYC on September 25 - 28, 2019.

3 adults, boundries of stay are soho to the south, west time square to the west, midtown east to the east and south central park to the south, but, however, i prefer the rockefeler center / soho areas.

dont mind staying even at a 2.5* or more (as long as it is rated 8 or above).

wouldnt want to pay more than USD 300 per night (including fees etc').

also dont mind ordering via hotwire or priceline - both are ok with me.

thank you

Seeing on HOTWIRE when searching for 2 adults:

4.5* HOTWIRE Rockefeller Center for $226.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Warwick would be my best guess.

3.5* HOTWIRE Chelsea - Greenwich Village for $232.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==>  Washington Square Hotel would be a guess.

Would either of these possibilities be of interest?

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

6 hours ago, Lawyeron said:

dont mind staying even at a 2.5* or more (as long as it is rated 8 or above).

As long as you have other options, i would avoid anything that low in NYC (yes, even with a decent user review rating).

If you're willing to take the occupancy risk (which i would only do in NYC if given a specific Bed Choice and the room is designed to accommodate the number of guests in your group):

4* Lower East Side - Chinatown (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $236/nite with:
Business Center
Free Internet available
Free Internet
==> NobleDEN Hotel is my best guess for this one ($266/nite for a room with 2 Doubles... all-in is $65 over your target budget, but that's $20/day or ~$6 per day per person, so might be worth it given your desire for this neighborhood (about 3-4 blocks from the Soho border), the higher star rating then you were originally seeking, and the 9+ user review rating

Is the above, or any of the ones in AaronJB's post of interest? (i'll add that the Warwick is a very nice hotel and well reviewed property as well... great location just enough outside of Times Square that it's not too hectic (although still fairly busy Mon-Fri) yet convenient enough as a launching pad for whatever you want to go throughout the city)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- if you really want to play it safe you can have one/two people go to the check-in desk while the other two have a coffee at a nearby Starbucks, Dunkin, etc... once the one/two travelers check-in and drop off luggage, meet the other(s) at the coffee shop and either start exploring the city OR return to the hotel room with the 3 guests and walk right upstairs to the elevator.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Keep in mind that most NYC hotels are going to charge more for more than double occupancy (especially if all guests are adults) and/or rooms with 2 beds.  As in the example above, the price for 2 guests isn't that bad for this time of year, it's when increasing the occupancy that the prices go beyond what you're hoping to spend.

I assume all guests are adults (and none are on the cusp that could still be considered a child/teenager)?

11 hours ago, Lawyeron said:

i found a good deal on Choice Hotels' official website which was cheaper than HOTWIRE.

Not sure what hotel you decided upon, but most Choice Hotels in NYC are 2 star rated, so probably not an apples-to-apples comparison to what you were looking at above from HOTWIRE.

Either way, glad you found something that works for your needs and are looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]