Priceline Hotel: Philly Bidding Help

ErthAnjelJ9
By ErthAnjelJ9,
in

Looking for bidding advice for a birthday weekend in Philly. I don't have to necessarily be in the heart of downtown, but would love something within a 30 minute drive. Tried bidding with the highest bid being $90-$150 for a 4* with 14 bid zones but was unsuccessful. Willing to go to a lower star-level (3*), but I know this limits by rebidding zones. Would love to stay under $200. Open to Express Deals also, but they are limited and change daily for this city.

Not sure why rates are so high for these dates.  I do see a National School Boards Association Meeting as well as a Film Festival, not sure how big either is (i suspect the former larger than the latter), but perhaps this is the reason for the higher than usual rates.

Would you consider staying on the NJ side of the river in Mt. Laurel and/or Cherry Hill, rates here are very reasonable on the weekends (under $100/nite) and it's just about a 30 minute drive to center city?

If this area is not acceptable, let us know which zones you have already bid at the 4 star level (and have you yet tried the 3.5* level?)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts on these alternate zone options and we'll take it from there.

PS- if you are having issues finding/accessing the PRICELINE bidding page (as they continue to move/hide it) note that we have set up the following BiddingForHotelRooms.com site for easy access which you can bookmark        for future use.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I too was confused why prices are so high. I haven't stayed in Philly before but I am from D.C., live in Baltimore, and hubby's from NY. We are always able to find pretty reasonable deals for 4* properties. I have considered Cherry Hill, but Mt. Laurel may be too far as I have to travel to North Philly for an art show. I am willing to go to 3.5* levels. 

My bidding zones were:

Trevose - Bensalem,

City Line,

University City,

Cherry Hill, NJ,

Rittenhouse Square,

Convention Center,

Historic District - Penns Landing,

Bellmawr - Deptford - Runnemede, NJ, Philadelphia Airport,

Philadelphia Airport South - Chester, Cinnaminson - Riverton, NJ,

Voorhees, NJ,

Center City West,

Center City East

As always thanks for your help!!

How about:

3.5* Trevose - Bensalem (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $68/nite with:
Free Parking
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor Swimming Pool
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
Free Internet in public areas
==> best guess would be the Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast

or

3.5* Cherry Hill, NJ (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $85/nite with:
Free Parking
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Free Internet in room
Fitness Center
Free Internet in public areas
==> my guess here would be the Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia-Cherry Hill or the Holiday Inn Philadelphia-Cherry Hill... i'd slightly favor the Crowne Plaza being the more likely of the two (the Holiday Inn accepts pets and i don't see anything about pets for this listing which makes me lean towards the Crowne Plaza, but you should at least be prepared for either)

Do any of the above work for your needs?  We could also suggest a strategy to bid for a room stay, but i don't think you'll see very much cost savings and for just one nite you may want to be able to target a property (good location for your needs, positive reviews, etc) rather than bid, but if you'd prefer to try bidding let us know and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow based upon the zones above.

One more option thru Hotwire which would get you a bit more 'in' the city:

3.5* HOTWIRE University City for $119.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> from the Philadelphia Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for the Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel

Let us know how you'd like to proceed, or how it goes if you take one of the offers above, and we'll take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much. I am partial to Priceline and honestly didn't check Hotwire 😞 

After mapping out my various destinations, University City puts me within 20 minutes of both. I think I'll go with the Hotwire deal, using your link of course, because it gives me everything that I'm looking for. 

You guys are the best!

EDIT: When I go to the site: I'm not getting that Hotwire deal for University City. The only option is a 4* for $431 per night.

Unfortunately it's gone now. :sad:

If you're still hoping to stay in the city itself:

3.5* HOTWIRE Center City West - Rittenhouse Square for $163.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==> Philadelphia 201 Hotel is my guess for this one

... although you will need to decide if this is worth twice as much as staying outside the city

Let us know what you ultimately decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]