Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Rockefeller Center) Warwick New York

beldwell
By beldwell,
in

I’m looking for a hotel for 5 night stay – 4/17 thru 4/22.  I'm hoping you can help me narrow down these 2 hotels.

4* Gramercy Park – Nomad – Flatiron $177 that has the following amenity set: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Pet Friendly.  It has a 85% recommendation rate.  The resort fee is $26/room. (The bidding helper narrowed this down to Ace Hotel New York, The Roger New York, Arlo Nomad, or the Freehand New York)  However, I don't think that matches the number of Tripadvisor reviews for these properties.

4* Madison Square Garden $178 that has the following amenity set: Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.  It has a 95% recommendation rate.  The resort fee is $34/room. (The bidding helper narrowed this down to a best guess of the Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown.  The board actually helped me to get this hotel last year!  It’s very nice, but I’d prefer to be a little further south.  I'm kind of hesitant due to the $34 resort fee.)

I'm not against other districts if you see an outstanding property for those dates that you'd suggest. I just don't want to be in Times Square or further north than Times Square.  I'd like to stay at around $200. I’m also comfortable with Priceline if there is a better deal there.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

For each of the above:

4* HOTWIRE Gramercy Park - Nomad - Flatiron for $177.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Freehand New York is my best guess for this one (NOTE: that this property also has a resort fee ($26) so not really much difference than the one below)

4* HOTWIRE Madison Square Garden for $178.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> agree with the Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan

Some options from PRICELINE EXPRESS:

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $178/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Club Quarters Hotel, Opposite Rockefeller Center is my guess.  Nothing too fancy, but generally gets good reviews and people like the location

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you.  When I went back in to look at those hotels this am, I found a Priceline Express 3 star in Hells Kitchen Midtown West for $44 with and 8/10 rating.  Is that a typo?  The amenities are the following:

Business Center

Free Internet

Free Breakfast

Free Internet in room

Fitness Center

Free Internet in public areas

I hate that area, but I'd be willing to do it if it was the Holiday Inn.  What's your guess on the hotel for this one.

I'm seeing a hotel with the same amenity set but not for $44/nite... it's $200/nite.

3* Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $200/nite with:
Business Center
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Free Internet in room
Fitness Center
Free Internet in public areas
==> given the price difference (assuming you're still able to see the one at $44/nite) and how 'general' PRICELINE EXPRESS amenities are we may be looking at different hotels, but the one above i believe to be the Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West

Are you able to click-thru on the one you're seeing and it's bookable at that price, as that rate would be VERY GOOD, especially for this time of year.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back!  I'm now looking at a 4.5 in Rockefeller Center for $152.  It has the following amenities: Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower.  Hotwire is showing either the Warwick or the Omni.  Do you have an idea which one is probably is?  I'd like to read about it. 

For this offer:

4.5* HOTWIRE Rockefeller Center for $152.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> from the NYC Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for the Warwick New York and would be my best guess for this one

Also, in the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW tab you can click the green 'What Hotel is This?' button which also confirms our guess of the Warwick

You can read up on it, but the Warwick gets good reviews, has a great location right by Radio City Music Hall, and is near multiple subway stations/lines.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and click the HOTWIRE links here to begin your purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see it was the hotel you were hoping for... and an excellent deal!

I'm very familiar with NYC so feel free to ask any questions you may have in preparing for your upcoming trip.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great stay.

Glad to hear you liked 'Best Bagel and Coffee' which i assume is the bagel shop i previously recommended near the Crowne Plaza.

For breakfast, this is about a 10 minute walk from your hotel but worth it (imo)... it gets very crowded but the line goes quickly:

Ess-A-Bagel

831 3rd Ave (Third Ave between 50th and 51st Streets)

If you're a little daring and like spicy food (and especially if you've had a few cocktails before heading back to the hotel for the nite and have the 'munchies') there is a food cart (cart will read 'Hallal Guys... we are different') on the southwest corner of 53rd and Sixth Ave from 7:30pm-4am (different cart is there during the daytime, u want the one that opens in the evening) that offers platters of chicken or lamb (or a combination of the two.... the lamb is actually gyro meat) with rice and a little 'salad' (just iceberg lettuce) that is very good and only $7.  The 'secret' to their success is 1) the white sauce (sometimes referred to as crack sauce as it's so addicting) and, 2) the hot sauce.  If you venture here, get both of these on the side (rather than asking them to squirt it on for you) as you want to control both yourself... too much white sauce ruins it for me and the hot sauce is extremely hot (seriously, just use a drop or two to start, mix it in, and then add a few more drops until your desired spice level).  Even if you don't want to try, you should check out the scene late at nite as people wait on line for 30+ minutes for this famous street cart... if you do venture you can eat back at your hotel, on a planter ledge by the cart, or if you walk 2-3 blocks south to 51st St and Sixth Ave (northwest side of the street along 51st St) there is some outdoor seating for nearby office workers (which should be empty at the hours you would be here).

Real Kung Fu Little Steamed Buns Ramen

811 8th Ave (on 8th Ave between 48th-49th)

--> not my type of food, and it's small so can often be cramped/crowded, but i have family members who swear by the steamed buns and some of the other dishes here.  It's about as authentic as Chinatown without having to go downtown, so stick with more 'authentic' dishes (including dumplings/steamed buns) rather than 'americanized' chinese food (ie- this is not really a place for Sesame (or Sweet and Sour) Chicken, if they even have these on the menu)

Let us know how else we can be of assistance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]