Priceline Hotel: 4.5* in Wailea

mribnik
By mribnik,
in

Hello,

Firstly, this is my first time on this site and I wanted to thank the administrators for putting this together.  

I am looking for 2 bedroom options in Wailea, from May 18th - May 24th of this year.  I see that there is currently a Priceline Express deal for $303/room for 4.5* hotels in Wailea.  The amenities listed are:

Free Internet Available, Outdoor Swimming Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center, Restaurant, Swimming Pool, Free Parking, No Smoking Room/Facilities, Handicapped Room/Facilities, Spa, Free Internet Access.

The additional mandatory fee is $500.04.  Am I right in guessing that this is likely the Andaz?  Any of the 4.5* hotels in the area would be fine for me.  What is the likelihood of being able to get a better rate through Name Your Own Price?  If you think it's worthwhile, I would appreciate your input on bidding strategies.

Thank you very much.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

1 hour ago, mribnik said:

I am looking for 2 bedroom options

To clarify, are you looking for:
1) is a suite that has 2 separate rooms (one for sleeping one for 'living')

2) a 2BR suite (ie- two separate bedroooms plus a common living area)

3) two 'standard' hotel rooms

4.5* Wailea - Makena (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $303/nite with:
Free Parking
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> best guess for this property would be the Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

Would the Fairmont work for your needs this trip or are you specifically looking for the Andaz?  The answer to this, as well as clarity on the '2 bedroom options' above, will help us better answer the question as to whether Name Your Own Price is a good option for you for this trip. (NOTE: priceline has been frequently moving/hiding the Name Your Own Price bidding page, so if this is ultimately the route you decide to go, note that we have set-up this page which you can bookmark now for easy access in the future: BiddingForHotelRooms.com)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes (if you decide to take the offer believed to be The Fairmont) or answer the questions above and we'll advise further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I apologize for not being clearer in my original post.  We have 4 people and would like to have a bedroom each for two couples (2 bedrooms.  we cannot do one bedroom with a living area).  For our purposes, it doesn't matter to us if we have a suite with 2 bedrooms (and bathrooms ideally) or 2 separate rooms.  My assumption is that the best pricing would come from two separate rooms, and that is what I would be getting with the PricelineExpress deal.  It does not matter to us whether we stay at the Andaz or the Fairmont, or any of the other 4.5* hotels in the area.  We would be equally happy with any of them.  

Thank you very much for your help!

Great, thank you for the additional information.

So basically 2 hotel rooms is what is needed, which opens up the possibility of Bidding on Priceline.

It comes down to how much you would like the (likely) outcome of the Fairmont (which has excellent reviews) vs. being willing to accept any 4.5 star (or higher) hotel in this zone.  Using the current BetterBidding Priceline Coupon you could bring that room rate down to about $288, so how much additional savings would you need in order to make the risk of landing a different property worthwhile?  Some people are looking for the absolute cheapest price so any savings makes it worthwhile to them... others like to have a good sense of the hotel they may likely receive and require a more substantial discount to make bidding worthwhile.

If you'd like to give bidding a try let us know your maximum bid (using the numbers above $288 less how much discount you would need to make the 'more unknown' of bidding worthwhile) and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow... otherwise you can use this 5 star Wailea - Makena hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) which is already pre-populated for 2 rooms.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes (if you take the offer above) or how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]