Priceline Hotel: Hotel 2-21 to 2-24

Michwat
By Michwat,
in

Hi We are going to Disney 2-21 to 2 to 2-28.  We already have Disney Movies reserved for 2-24 to 2-28. It was a last min trip so the other nights were to expensive.  We are looking for a hotel around 130 with taxes.  it will be myself, my husband, 4 year old and 22 month twins. We will have our car as we will be driving in from out of state.  On the 21st we plan to go to Hollywood studios, then 22nd Magic Kingdon, then 23rd Epcot and 24th Sea world then check into All Stars Movies that night.

An ideal hotel would be, one that fits under the $130 budget that has a shuttle to the parks, free parking, no crazy resort fee. I am open to Hotwire or Priceline even name your own price, but I am worried about resort fees. Since we will have our car shuttle is not a make or break it for us, but it would be nice.  I have been looking at the Bonnet Springs area, but am open to other suggestions that would fit the above.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

6 hours ago, Michwat said:

I am open to Hotwire or Priceline even name your own price, but I am worried about resort fees.

A bigger concern i would have with Priceline Name Your Own Price would be the occupancy issue... all PRICELINE reservations are only guaranteed for double occupancy, after that it is up to the hotel, and you will actually be FIVE, which is often beyond the designated occupancy for many 'standard' hotel rooms.  PRICELINE EXPRESS would still be an option if you choose a hotel offer that shows a Bed Choice and one of the room configurations offers would accommodate all five of you (although technically your room is only booked for double occupancy, i don't know anyone who has yet been turned about showing up with 3/4 guests when a specific room type was booked and that room is designed to accommodate the number of guests in the group; keep in mind you're FIVE guests so it may get a little trickier).n offer that shos

Your best option, imo, would be HOTWIRE as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy.  As well, they only ask for the number of children in the room that are 2+ years old.  So you could 'safely' search for 2adults/1child and still be within their terms (since your twins are under 2 years old).  However, you still need a room for 5, which can create problems at many hotels, so my suggestion would be to search for 1room/2adults/2children.  Should you have an issue at check-in you can then reasonably indicate that you really only needed to include 1 child since the other two are under 2 years age, but i would do this in order to increase the chances and put the odds in your favor of getting a room that can accommodate five guests.  Ideally i would further seek out a 'suite' type hotel which is also more likely to be able to accommodate five guests, which would also further decrease the chances that you encounter any issues.

With the above noted, searching HOTWIRE for Feb 21-24, 1room/2adults/2children (ages 4 and 3), i see:

3.5* HOTWIRE Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek for $117.00
Free Parking
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Tennis
Kitchenette
==> Towneplace Suites Orlando @ Flamingo Crossings West Entrance would be my best guess for this one (and was actually the one i had in mind and was hoping would show up on a search for your dates when i mentioned a suite-type hotel above). 

Furthermore, i have searched this hotel's own website for 1room/2adults/2children (ages 4 and 1) and the same room appears (and at the same price) as when searching for 1room/2adults/3children (ages 4, 1, 1)... which indicates that this 'standard' room should accommodate 5 guests.  It's still possible that the hotel could take issue that you booked for 4 guests and are actually five, but i think the chances of that are fairly low given:
-the standard rooms here appear to accommodate 5 guests

-your twins are very young (it gets harder when your 'kids' are teenagers and taller than the check-in clerk, but you have a few years before you need to worry about that :wink:)

-if there are any problems you have the 'fallback' of that you didn't include the twins because HOTWIRE only asks for children that are 2+ years old and neither of them are 2 years old yet

If you're a new HOTWIRE customer you can use our Hotwire Coupon and this all-in comes to about $3 more per nite than your target (even if your email address has already been used with HOTWIRE you're looking at about $12/nite more than your budget... still a good deal given this hotel gets good reviews, includes parking, includes breakfast, and should fit your needs for 5 guests)

Does this fit well for your plans for this leg of your trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is the one i was looking at and the hotel i thought it was. i think i just need to call them and see if they have an extra resort fee on top of all of this.  I was reading the reviews and someone said something about a shuttle for an extra cost but I was not sure if anyone had any info on all of that. I will give them a call today. i dont think i have registered for hotwire before. i had only used priceline years ago.  

In the majority of cases, if there is a resort fee it will show during checkout.

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]