Priceline Hotel: 4* Orlando (Intl. Drive - Pointe Orlando) Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa

cruisn76
By cruisn76,
in

It has been a long time since I have visited this site for a priceline deal (2014). I did Name your price back in 2011 for Orlando for a Wyndham Orlando hotel for $45USD/night (which was a steal). It was rated as a 3.5-4* at the time which really was closer to a low 3*. This time around I want to get something closer to a 4* @ $80 - $90 USD / night between Feb 26 - Mar 1 2019. This is really a last minute trip so I am tight for time but re-bid might help with all the areas that I can pick. Has anyone stayed around the Disney area (surrounding area not directly within) and if so, what have you gotten on name your own price on Priceline? Also, I will be getting a car rental so travelling wont be an issue and it can be further out from Disney area

Aaron or Thereuare, any suggestions around this price for 4* for my price range. Also want to use your link for Priceline

Intl. Drive - Convention Center - Sea World (Area Map 10)

Intl. Drive - Pointe Orlando (Area Map 11)

Intl. Drive South - Sea World (Area Map 12)

Universal Orlando Area - Intl. Drive North (Area Map 20)

Universal Orlando Resort Area (Area Map 21)

Thanks in advance everyone!

EDIT: will BBFEB19 work for Name your own price?

Welcome back!:smile:

For the last few years there really hasn't been any 'bonus money' or coupons for Name Your Own Price, any Priceline Coupons have been exclusively for Priceline Express.

If you're finding it difficult to find the NYOP bidding page (as PRICELINE keeps moving/hiding it) we have set up the follow page that you can book mark now: BiddingForHotelRooms.com

Your budget should be fine as i'm seeing this 4 star hotel which is in one of the zones you listed above:

4* Intl. Drive - Pointe Orlando (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $55/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Indoor Swimming Pool
Airport Shuttle
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> best guess for this property would be the Westgate Lakes Resort And Spa

There is also:

3.5* Universal Orlando Area - Intl. Drive North (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $76/nite with:
Free Parking
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Free Internet in room
Fitness Center
Free Internet in public areas
==> Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive is my best guess here

4* Intl. Drive South - Sea World (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $91/nite with:
Free Parking
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas, I-Drive/Orlando is my guess for this one

Are either of these of interest or would you want to try bidding? (and if either of these are unacceptable then let us know that as well since we will need to adjust your bidding to exclude certain star ratings and/or zones)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know your thoughts as to how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey Thereuare, I have access to the area map (cant live without it if I am doing NYOP). I see what you were saying about finding it on the site as they have hid it.

Is there any other hotels in the other two areas within my price range (Universal Orlando Resort Area (Area Map 21) & Intl. Drive - Convention Center - Sea World (Area Map 10))?

Reviews for Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas looks good and that might be my choice.

If I decide on Vistana, is this a Express deal or NYOP? <<<<< EDIT: I answered my own question, it is EXPRESS DEAL. What would it be for NYOP?

31 minutes ago, cruisn76 said:

What would it be for NYOP?

The 'problem' with NYOP is that you can't target the Visitana (or avoid any other hotel)... you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid.

34 minutes ago, cruisn76 said:

Is there any other hotels in the other two areas within my price range (Universal Orlando Resort Area (Area Map 21) & Intl. Drive - Convention Center - Sea World (Area Map 10))?

With our BiddingHelper.com tool it's easy to filter, sort, etc.  Searching your dates and in the PRICELINE EXPRESS tab:

-place checkmarks next to 'Intl. Drive - Convention Center - Sea World' and next to Universal Orlando Resort (select the 'ONLY' next to one of them and then check mark the other)

-select 3.5 stars and higher

top of offers click the PRICE link to sort the results by price

==> the above will show you all 3.5* and higher offers in these two zones, sorted by price, showing the least expensive option at the top:

3.5* Intl. Drive - Convention Center - Sea World (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $131/nite with:
Free Parking
Business Center
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Vista Cay Resort By Millenium is my guess here (although i'm assuming over your desired budget)

You can 'play' with the above by adding/removing zones and easy see you're least expensive options (it loads very fast after the initial search:wink:)

You can also do the same using the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab, and combine this with the current 10% off Hotwire Coupon (expires today) you may find something there of interest as well.  PRO TIP: use the GREEN 'What Hotel is This?' button

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or let us know how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare, thank you so far for doing some searches for me. I dug into the hotel list for Priceline for NYOP and was wondering how accurate is this list? I might start a bid at $40 and move up $5 wait another 24hrs go a second round at $5 increments to $75. I will probably go no higher than $80 bid since the wife is willing to settle on the 3.5* Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive on the Express Deal Priceline for $76/nite (btw, the link for this Express Deal doesn't show up when clicked on)

So what would be the game plan based on the list?

Universal Orlando Area - Intl Drive North

3.5*

Four Points by Sheraton Orlando

Wyndham Orlando Resort

Intl Drive Convention Center - Sea World

3.5*

Doubletree By Hilton Orlando at Seaworld

Intl Drive Convention Center - Sea World

4*

Hilton Orlando

Las Palmeras by Hilton Grand Vacations

Renaissance Orlando at Seaworld

Rosen Center Hotel

Intl Drive South - Sea World

4*

JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes

Marriotts Grande Vista

Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas

Universal Orlando Resort Area

4*

Doubletree Hotel at The Entrance to Universal

Universals Loews Portofino Bay Hotel

1 hour ago, cruisn76 said:

I will probably go no higher than $80 bid since the wife is willing to settle on the 3.5* Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive on the Express Deal Priceline for $76/nite (btw, the link for this Express Deal doesn't show up when clicked on)

This link was posted 3+ days ago and the deal is no longer available (and therefore NOT a good option to use as a back-up).  Even if you search PRICELINE EXPRESS this hotel appears, but if you click the link you will get a message that the offer is no longer available.

The board HOTEL LISTS contain hotels that have been reported to the board and is updated any time new information is reported to the board.  As new hotels can be added/removed at any time, or hotels can be  upgraded/downgraded in star rating, no list can ever be considered 100% up-to-date.

You can use re-bid strategies to bid more frequently than once per day (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, but make sure you ask for help and/or confirm your re-bid zones before proceeding to make sure you don't end up in a zone that you didn't intend).  If you would like to move forward PRICELINE Name Your Own Price let us know which zone(s) and star rating you would like to try first, along with your maximum bid amount, and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow (keeping in mind you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose).

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

So would this be right if I approach the bidding?

$40

3.5* Universal Orlando Area - Intl Drive North

If rejected, add and rebid +$5 ($45)

3.5* Intl Drive Convention Center - Sea World

If rejected, add and rebid +$5 ($50)

4* Intl Drive Convention Center - Sea World

If rejected, add and rebid +$5 ($55)

4* Intl Drive South - Sea World

If rejected, add and rebid +$5 ($60)

4* Universal Orlando Resort Area

Or start at 4* and work my way down to 3.5*?

Makes total sense, but one additional question...

Your original post included these FIVE zones:

On 2/13/2019 at 8:43 PM, cruisn76 said:

Intl. Drive - Convention Center - Sea World (Area Map 10)

Intl. Drive - Pointe Orlando (Area Map 11) 

Intl. Drive South - Sea World (Area Map 12)

Universal Orlando Area - Intl. Drive North (Area Map 20)

Universal Orlando Resort Area (Area Map 21) 

... but your proposed bidding above did not include the Intl. Drive - Pointe Orlando, should we include this zone in your 4 star bidding or is this zone no longer of interest?

An important question/zone since it may be the least expensive based upon this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer:

4* Intl. Drive - Pointe Orlando (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $55/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Indoor Swimming Pool
Airport Shuttle
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> best guess would be the Westgate Lakes Resort And Spa

So we now that this is one possible outcome for a 4 star hotel in your original FIVE zones... if this is not an acceptable outcome, i think you can still be successful for a 4* in your other zones but it will more likely be closer to the upper end of your $90 target.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

OK, so based upon your FOUR acceptable zones and a maximum bid of $90 i would proceed as follows:

When bidding 4* in the Orlando area you have NINE re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Convention Center, SeaWorld, Drive North, Universal Resort

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

If the above is rejected, it would be cheaper to purchase the following 4 star in the 'Intl. Drive South - Sea World Area' zone with the board's 5% off Priceline Coupon:

4* Intl. Drive South - Sea World (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $91/nite with:
Free Parking
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> best guess for this one would be the Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas, I-Drive/Orlando

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please start your bids with the board's BiddingForHotelRooms.com page or with the link above if you go with that Priceline Express deal.

Good luck and let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

I tried re-bidding on Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Orlando Intl Drive North upto $85 with no dice.

I was going to try Intl Drive South - Sea World & Intl Drive - Convention Center - Sea World but the there is a huge resort fee of $91 - $118 for the 3 days. Is this normal to appear on NYOP? I never noticed it before in past bids years ago.

The bidding side of PRICELINE will now usually show you the 'worst case scenario' resort fee on the page before you submit your bid.  Basically PRICELINE is trying to show you the maximum that the hotel could cost you on an all-in basis.

As always, if the hotel has no resort fee then none is payable directly to the hotel (or if there is a resort fee but it's less than the amount shown on your bidding page then the lesser amount is payable directly to the hotel).

Let us know how you decide to proceed and what you ultimately receive or how we can be of further help.

1 hour ago, cruisn76 said:

I doubt i will score anything below $90

Why would you even bid as high as $90, when the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer outlined above would basically be equivalent to a $86.45 bid (when using our Priceline Coupon for an extra 5% off):

13 hours ago, thereuare said:

If the above is rejected, it would be cheaper to purchase the following 4 star in the 'Intl. Drive South - Sea World Area' zone with the board's 5% off Priceline Coupon:

Free Parking
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> best guess for this one would be the Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas, I-Drive/Orlando

On 2/17/2019 at 8:48 PM, thereuare said:

An important question/zone since it may be the least expensive based upon this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer:

Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Indoor Swimming Pool
Airport Shuttle
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> best guess would be the Westgate Lakes Resort And Spa

Hey Thereuare, ended up doing the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal on this one. The wife made the choice. Got Westgate Lakes Resort even though the Hotel List updated 2 days ago was Rosen Plaza as the 4* Express deal for Pointe Orlando.

Thanks again for everything

The Priceline Express Hotel List contains hotels (and their amenity sets) that have previously been reported to the board, which is why this hotel didn't appear there earlier.  However, note that the amenities of the hotel you purchased don't match what has been seen to be the amenities associated with the Rosen Plaza, which should have been your second clue that this was likely some other property (the first clue being that our research/guess for this property was Westgate, which it was)

Not sure if this is what you were expecting or not, but either way hope it works well for your plans and you enjoy your stay.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and helping us confirm this property for the Orlando Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]