Hotwire Hotel: 5* Oahu (Waikiki Beach) The Royal Hawaiian, A Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki

gunjmafia
By gunjmafia,
in

Could you please help identify these 4* - 5* hotels showing up on Hotwire for Waikiki Beach?

Travel dates: Feb 23 - March 4 (9 nights) for 2 rooms.

Room 1: 2 Adults.

Room 2: 2 Adults & 2 Kids (toddlers)

5* - 188$

Resort, Boutique, Near Beach, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Childrens Activities, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

4* - 202$

Resort, Near Beach, Oceanfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Spa, Childrens Activities, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

4* -  233$

Resort, Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Spa, Deaf Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower

5* - 258$

Resort, Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Golf, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

4.5* - 306$

Resort, Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Our best guess for each property is inline below:

5* HOTWIRE Waikiki Beach for $190.00
Free Internet
Resort
Boutique
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Tennis
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach

4* HOTWIRE Waikiki Beach for $201.00
Free Internet
Resort
Pet Friendly
Near Beach
Oceanfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa

4* HOTWIRE Waikiki Beach for $234.00
Free Internet
Resort
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Deaf Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort

5* HOTWIRE Waikiki Beach for $290.00
Free Internet
Resort
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> from the Oahu Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for The Royal Hawaiian, A Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki and would be my best guess for this one (NOTE: the price above is higher than what you listed, did you include all 4adults/2children in your search?)

4.5* HOTWIRE Waikiki Beach for $399.00
Resort
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort and Spa, Waikiki Beach, although again not sure if you're including all 4adults/2children and i'm getting a higher price for this one

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the HOTWIRE links on the board here to begin your purchase.

Let us know which you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your reply. I think I might have missed adding the kids the first time around. I've now added 1 baby (< 1 years) and 1 '2 year old'. I am getting closer to your numbers.

For the 5* (Royal Hawaiian?), its giving me $292 close enough to the $290 you posted.

For the 4.5* (Moana Surfrider?), I'm getting 377$ now, lower than yours, but thats out of my budget anyway.

Thank you!

1 minute ago, gunjmafia said:

For the 5* (Royal Hawaiian?), its giving me $292 close enough to the $290 you posted.

I use the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW for simplicity purposes and there i kept the default ages for the children of '10'... but i still see the $290 rate here when changing the search to the children's ages above, so you can be sure to use this tab if this is the offer you decide to go with in order to save a few extra dollars.

... or please use our HOTWIRE link to access hotwire directly for your purchase.

Good luck and let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think if i book 2 rooms at once its using 292$ for both rooms.

Rather if i book 1 room with 2 adults, and separately book 1 room with 2 adults + 2 kids, I am seeing a savings of 400$.

I do intend to ask them to try and give me rooms that are together.

1) Any risks with this strategy?

2) What If i dont put the kids on the booking at all? I am seeing that the cheapest room they have already is a double room and we wont be using additional bedding. Can there be issues at checkin time for a big hotel like these?

38 minutes ago, gunjmafia said:

I think if i book 2 rooms at once its using 292$ for both rooms.

Rather if i book 1 room with 2 adults, and separately book 1 room with 2 adults + 2 kids, I am seeing a savings of 400$.

The risk here is if you book / confirm the first room and then this hotel is no longer offered when you go to book the second room.  I think the chances of this happening are somewhat low since the hotel is appearing when you search for 2 rooms, but there is always a possibility that the same hotel is not offered (or the price jumps substantially) when you go to purchase the second room.  There is also a chance that you somehow don't match everything up exactly, or that two hotels share the same exact amenity description, and you receive two different hotels. (again, i think the chances of this are very low, but we try to outline all of the potential risks and you can make a calculated decision as to how much risk you're willing to accept)

42 minutes ago, gunjmafia said:

2) What If i dont put the kids on the booking at all? I am seeing that the cheapest room they have already is a double room and we wont be using additional bedding. Can there be issues at checkin time for a big hotel like these?

Although the 'regular retail rate' shows as $365/nite regardless of the number of children included in your reservation, if you click thru THIS LINK (which is for your dates but includes 1 child under the age of 1) you'll see that there is an extra guess fee added at the check-out page:

Room 1: 2 Adults, 1 Child avg./night $364.51

Extra guest fee $155.00

Taxes per night $77.73

... so this hotel charges for anything over double occupancy.

The other 'risk' here is that although the price of the 2 Double bed room is the same as the 1 King bed room, the 2 double bed room has a maximum occupancy of 4, whereas the 1 King bed room has a maximum occupancy of 3 (and you need occupancy of 4 in one of the rooms)... what if you are assigned two rooms with only King beds and the hotel is not willing/able to change one of the rooms to a room with 2 Double beds (if they are sold-out of that room type or want an additional fee)?

With the above noted, and again, you need to decide how much risk you're willing to accept, but personally i would book 2 rooms for a total of 4 adults and leave the kids off the reservation.  If any problems at check-in you can indicate that HOTWIRE asks for the number of children > 2 years old, so you didn't include the kids as the baby is under 1 year old and you made a mistake for the second child since s/he is 2 years old (or was under 2 years old when you made the reservation, or that older child is under 2 years old, etc).

I think there is a good chance the check-in clerk won't say anything at check-in, but if they do, you have the explanation above about HOTWIRE only asking for kids that are > 2 years old and i think the biggest risk is that you are asked to pay an additional fee for one/both children, although i think this is a low risk as well given your kids are under 1 year old and the other is 2 years old... the risk would go up if your kids are 8 and 10, and goes up even more once 12+.  You also have 2 rooms which it appears can each handle triple occupancy, so you could always indicate that one kid is sleeping in each room (making it triple occupancy for each room, assuming you can't get one of the rooms to have 2 beds), even if that is not what you ultimately decide to do.

So you have to make a decision that you're comfortable with (how much risk you're willing to accept), but my personal stance (of booking two rooms on one reservation and not including the children) is that the worst case scenario is that you would have to pay an additional fee at the hotel (and i think the chances of this are low given the age of your children, but that's just my opinion and experience when i traveled with my own kids when they were younger... not as easy for me to do now that they are getting older).

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the HOTWIRE link here to begin your purchase(s).

Good luck!  Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Crystal clear. What a wonderfully thought out and comprehensive reply! Really  explored every angle and answered my questions thoroughly 😃

I agree with your advice and I think will go with just the 4 adults into 2 rooms route.

I am hoping to get The Royal Hawaiian. Very central and seems kid friendly. It seems the rates have dropped, can you please confirm this is till The Royal Hawaiian:

5* - 235$

Resort, Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Golf, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

For 9 nights, 2 bedrooms this comes to $6050 using Hotwire.

On the Royal Hawaiian Website, there is a promotion for 20% off on stays of 5 nights or more. So the room rate is $308. The total comes to be $7159.

Glad to hear you're finding the board useful and we're happy to help! :smile:

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a great deal at this property and that you're excited for your upcoming stay... we're happy to have helped!:smile:

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]