Hotwire Hotel: 4* Rome (Piazza Navona - Pantheon) Hotel Nazionale

NachoMan91
By NachoMan91,
in

Hello Everyone!! I am looking at the Hotel 5* hotel in Veneto - Villa Borghese area from June 1st- June 4th. It says the last person received the Grand Hotel Palace in Rome. Do you think that is what i'll get. I looked at reviews on the hotel and it does not seem like its anywhere close to a 5 star hotel. Hotwire has the price at $218 per night. I never been to rome and I want to be able to stay in the most tourists location. And I noticed most of the name brand hotels I am familiar with is in that area. I know we have the $25 off Hotwire Coupon promo right now, should I wait to see if another better deal comes out since its not until June.

Amenities

Complimentary

Free internet

Amenities

Business center

Fitness center

Golf nearby

Indoor pool(s)

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Smoke-free room

Thanks!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 5 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

5* HOTWIRE Veneto - Villa Borghese for $220.00
Free Internet
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
==> best guess for this hotel would be the Grand Hotel Palace Rome

Another feature of using the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW is the GREEN 'What Hotel is This?' button which also identifies this property as the Grand Hotel Palace.

What don't you like about this property, as most of the reviews i'm seeing are quite positive?

Not sure of your budget but the next price point higher at the 5 star level is this one:

5* HOTWIRE Veneto - Villa Borghese for $280.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==> Grand Hotel Via Veneto Rome is my guess here

Do either of the above work for your needs?  If not, tell us more about what you're looking for in a hotel (and/or how these 'miss the mark') as well as your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) and we will try to help you find something that works for your plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I wouldn't focus on whether it is a 5 star hotel or not... i would focus on whether this is a good value at $220/nite.  For example, let's say this hotel should really be rated as a 4.5 star (or even 4 star) property; is it a good price at $220/nite?  Would a true 5 star property be priced at $300+ per nite and if so would it be worth more than $75+ per nite than this one?  I try not to get hung up too much on whether a property meets its star rating, and focus more on whether it's a good deal vs. my next best option.

As far as waiting, 10% off Hotwire Coupons are very rare (we mostly see $10-$15 off coupons) so this $25 off is a good one, imo (although it does also require a higher minimum than we usually see as well, although that does not apply to your situation above).  Keeping with my theme above, what if you wait for a better coupon and when it finally does come this offer has disappeared?  The next best price on a 5 star hotel is $280/nite and this higher cost would negate any savings by waiting (and have cost you more).

You could try purchasing this property one nite at a time and using our Hotwire Coupon for each purchase (the minimum is based upon total price after taxes/fees) which would probably get you very to the equivalent of 10% off, but there is always a risk that the same hotel is not offered/available after you complete the purchase of the first nite.  You can minimize the chances of this happening by first searching HOTWIRE for each nite individually and make sure that the same hotel is offered when searching each nite on its own, but there is always a chance that the same hotel will not be offered on a subsequent search when you're actually making the purchase (or that you don't receive the same hotel each time, although not that likely if you match up all the info based upon amenities, number of reviews, ratings of 'customer satisfaction', 'condition of hotel', 'room comfort', etc, etc, etc).

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At check-in (or you can call or email ahead of time) let the hotel know that you have multiple continuous reservations and if they can block the room for your complete stay.  Depending upon the hotel's computer system sometimes you may need to go to the front desk on 'switch day(s)' to officially check-out and check-in again, but as technology has evolved this is required less and less.  It's possible, although very rare, that you would need to change rooms (this actually costs the hotel more since housekeeping needs to do a more extensive 'changeover' for a new guest vs. a 'clean-up' for an existing guest)

Assuming we're right on the hotel above it looks to be selling for $300/nite for your complete stay, so would seem to be a good deal (especially if you're able to get an extra $25 off each nite), assuming you like the property and it works well for your plans.  I don't think the coupon is one per account, but should you encounter a problem, you can easily create a new account with a new email address.

Please use the board' HOTWIRE link to begin each purchase.

Good luck and let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

I know this is a popular area (based upon where previous users have purchased in Rome) but i don't have any firsthand experience in Rome or the location of this specific hotel.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know how you make out.

If it is a PRICELINE EXPRESS listing, please confirm the details of the listing (zone, amenities, price) and we would be happy to research the listing and try to confirm the hotel. Sometimes PRICELINE EXPRESS does have better rates than HOTWIRE, sometimes vice versa.

For this Priceline Express offer:

5* Veneto - Villa Borghese (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $254/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor Swimming Pool
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> best guess would be The Westin Excelsior, Rome

Hello, Now since the 10 percent Hotwire Coupon is available I am ready to book this rome trip. Question I tried to use the tool to see what 2 hotels are these but it doesnt populate in the tool. 

the first one is:

$160

4-star Hotel in Piazza Navona - Pantheon area

51% off

Amenities Complimentary Free internet Amenities Pet friendlySmoke-free rooms

my guess is Hotel Nazionale Rome

The other one is 

$163

4-star Hotel in Piazza Navona - Pantheon area

37% off

Amenities Complimentary Free internet Amenities Pet friendlySmoke-free rooms

my guess is Hotel Rinascimento Rome, IT

i could be wrong

please help clarify then I would book through this site

I assume the offers in your latest post above are for the same trip you had previously posted above and have merged the two threads.  Your dates are still set for June 1-4?

If so, for the first offer:

4* HOTWIRE Piazza Navona - Pantheon for $160.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Hotel Nazionale is my best guess for this one

(and this DOES appear if you search using the BiddingHelper.com tool EASY VIEW tab and click the GREEN 'What Hotel is This?' button)

For the 2nd hotel:

4* HOTWIRE Piazza Navona - Pantheon for $163.00

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

==> my guess here would be the Hotel Rinascimento 

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

40 minutes ago, NachoMan91 said:

when I tried to purchase each of those through the site it doesn’t process the order like those doesn’t exist

At what point does the page stop working... i'm able to get to the check-out page (where i would input by credit card information), but that is as far as i can get without attempting to complete the purchase.  Do you get any error message or what actually happens when you say it "doesn't process"... the does the page refresh itself, does ti just keep spinning, do you get an error message, etc?

For the Priceline Express offer:

4* Spanish Steps - Trevi Fountain (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $146/nite with:
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet available
Free Internet
==> Hotel Mozart is my guess for this one

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Right after I put the credit card info in. It says processing and then just go back to the same page of where you put the credit card info in. No error code or anything. But when I look at Hotwire site directly those 2 deals are not on there. The closest pricing is a property for $147 and another one for $165. No 148 or $156 property. This happened a couple days ago when I seen a 5 star property on here it was one price on here but that specific deal wasn’t on Hotwire site directly. And when I went to checkout from the link on here it still didn’t work. 

im sorry dissregard the last post, this the one i meant:

$176 a night

june 1-4

5-star Hotel in Repubblica - Via Nazionale area

Amenities

Business centerFitness centerRestaurant(s)Smoke-free rooms

i used the tool, nothing is coming up. 

i will be buying tonight. sorry for the inconvenience of asking so much.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you got this leg of your trip settled, it turned out to be the well reviewed hotel you were hoping for, and that you were able to utilize the current Hotwire Coupon.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us confirm this hotel and amenity set for the Rome Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy this leg of your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]