Priceline Hotel: Miami beach

eman
By eman,
in

Hi

I am trying to Bid for a 4.5- 5 stars hotel at mid Miami beach for the period 5-10 March.

I am looking for the Fontainebleau or something very close to it as i am attending a conference in that hotel. I dont want the confidante as i stayed there before and i dont like it.

I am hoping to pay around 200$

Can i get some help with that please?

Please provide a follow-up for your prior MIami Priceline thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to research the above stay.)  If you bid, are you okay with anywhere in the zone?

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

4.5* HOTWIRE Mid-Beach for $258.00
Free Internet
Resort
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Beachfront
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Eden Roc

4* HOTWIRE Mid-Beach for $215.00
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Pool
==>  Best guess would be the Croydon

If you bid, there's no way to avoid a hotel like the Confidante. A 4.5* bid unfortunately is going to likely take moderately more than $200 and 5* will probably take more towards $270-280.

Let us know what you decide and if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

thank you for your reply.

I will close the other thread now.

Is HOTWIRE better than PRICELINE?? I never tried it or even looked at it.

I am ok with anything less than 300. The only  4.5 stars hotel in the area are the Confidante and Fontainebleau. I would prefer anything close by to the Fontainebleau but I am ok with 5 stars anywhere in the zone if for a good price.

Is the hotwire choices you mentioned were in the express deal??

3 hours ago, eman said:

Is HOTWIRE better than PRICELINE??

Neither is better/worse than the other... they are two different services and you use the one that works best for your plans for this given trip.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS the only 4.5 star offered is:

4.5* Mid-Miami Beach (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $237/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Outdoor Swimming Pool
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> best guess for this one is The Confidante Miami Beach which you indicated you didn't want

.... the 5 star offered on PRICELINE EXPRESS is over your budget

I don't think that you would be successful Name Your Own Price with priceline since:
1) i don't think your budget is enough for a 5* hotel

2) at the 4.5* level there is no way to avoid The Confidante

So that leads us back to the two HOTWIRE propertie(s) above... would the Eden Roc would work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes of you take the HOTWIRE offer) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

what budget can get me a 5 stars in that area??

if I am to Bid for a 5 stars in mid beach to get the Nubu hotel.. how much my bid should be. I see that Nubu is the closet cheapest 5 stars in the area. 

Do you think bidding would give me a better price than the express deal. Is there is a difference in the quality of rooms you get through different booking websites??

There is no way to guarantee a particular property when bidding - you have to be able to accept any hotel at the star rating picked in the zone/s chosen. What would be your desired max budget per night for a 5*? 

Additionally, the discount services are booking for a regular/non-upgraded room unless an upgraded option is offered via bed choice on PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE

If you're trying to target specific hotel(s) i'm seeing the following:

5* Mid-Miami Beach (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $375/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Nobu Hotel Miami Beach is our best guess for this one.  Our Priceline Coupon will take an additional 5% off which gets you close to the upper end of your budget

I do see what looks to be the Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach offered for your dates from PRICELINE EXPRESS, but it's  priced at $400+ per nite making it more expensive (and even further over your budget) than the 5 star above.

The Eden Roc Miami Beach is still being offered and within your budget if this is of any interest.

If you're not willing to extend your budget for either of your target properties, are you willing to accept any 5 star hotel in the mid-beach zone?  Any 4.5 star in the mid-beach zone?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I am ok with any 5 stars in mid beach.

there is a hotel called COMO metropolitan, it is s 5 star hotel. I can see it on hot wire but not on price line. It is my least favourite from all the 5 stars hotels. If it doesn’t show on the 5 star search on price line, would it still be possible to get it when you bid?? I assume not??!!!!

As per the following link, the Metropolitan by Como, Miami Beach is currently 4.5 star rated by PRICELINE, so this would be a possibility when bidding the 4.5 star level, but not the 5 star level (since it would be the minimum star rating set by your bid).

If you'd like to bid on a 5 star hotel in the Mid-Beach zone let us know your maximum bid price (a specific bid amount, not a range) and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.  My guess is that it is going to take close the top end of your previously indicated range, $350... or possibly even a few dollars more (so is it OK for a strategy to go as high as $350... or even higher?)

Also, as PRICELINE continues to move/hide the Name Your Own Price bidding form, we have set up the following page which you can bookmark for easy access: BiddingForHotelRooms.com

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

I would like to try Bidding 5* hotel in Mid Miami Beach. I would appreciate your help with it. my Mx would be 350 $. I am hoping I can get Nobu hotel for a lower price than the one in the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal ( currently 317 $) would that be possible?? It is my first choice, so if you don't think I can get it for a lower price I may just go ahead and do the express deal. What do you think??

26 minutes ago, eman said:

my Mx would be 350 $

26 minutes ago, eman said:

the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal ( currently 317 $)

I'm not understanding your maximum bid price of $350 if you're able to target the hotel you want for just $301 ($317 - 5% using the BetterBidding Priceline Coupon)?  I'm i missing or not understanding something correctly?

... and to further answer your question above, when Naming Your Own Price we can't say if you will win the Nobu or some other 5 star rated hotel.  When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel at that star rating (or higher); there is no way to target or increase your chances of winning the Nobu.  With PRICELINE EXPRESS you can research the specific property offered (as we have done above) and take an educated guess as to the likely outcome(s).

Let us know how it goes if you take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above...or your maximum bid if you would still like to move forward by Bidding on Priceline.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]