Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (South of Market - Moscone Center) Marriott San Francisco Marquis

Calgarytraveler
By Calgarytraveler,
in

Hi,

I am looking for a one night stay in SF on March 7-8 2019. I have already booked March 8-11 for a few nights through Expedia, but decided to go a day earlier, now I am stuck with a very high price for just one extra night anywhere in the city. I tried phoning the hotel where I made the booking originally, they are not willing to give me the cheaper rate I got for that one extra night, a little disappointed. I am not willing to pay a lot more for just one night, so I want to just try my luck and book a higher star hotel/better deal through priceline or hotwire. I am thinking 4* or 5* in San Fran downtown. Budget under US$300/night. Any suggestions? Right now on priceline/hotwire/expedia, rate is crazy US$500 for that one extra night. Thank you!

There's a few options under $300 on HOTWIRE for 3/7-8:

4* HOTWIRE Union Square West for $184.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Spero

4* HOTWIRE Financial District - Embarcadero for $274.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==>  Best guess would be the Le Meridien

4* HOTWIRE Fisherman's Wharf for $239.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Hotel Zoe

Would any of these be of interest? Is your reservation for the additional nights non-refundable? If the reservation is refundable, we could explore discount options for the whole stay.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

For this Priceline Express offer:

4* South of Market - Moscone Center (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $197/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> San Francisco Marriott Marquis is my best guess for this one

4 hours ago, Calgarytraveler said:

Do you suggest waiting till even a week before my travel date to score a better deal? or just book now through PRICELINE/HOTWIRE?

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your trip, but rates are high so there is some event/conference taking place in the city for this nite that is driving hotel demand higher.  However, if rates you're seeing are $500+ and you have options above that are around half this price, i would sooner lock in a good deal than risk prices moving even higher.  With something in the city that is effecting hotel rates higher, even if rates do drop from here (and odds don't necessarily favor that), it's not like they're going to drop to $100/nite, they will still likely remain high compared to an 'average' nite in the city.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

EDIT TO ADD: took a look and there is a Fiber Optic Communications conference in the city that ends on March 7th with 15K attendees and this may be what is causing the higher rates for this nite.  I'm sure some attendees will head home after the conference, but there are likely others who will remain an extra nite in order to clean-up their booth, have last minute meetings, etc.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much guys! Just booked it! It is indeed Marriott Marquis! That's the exact same hotel I had booked originally, so now I don't have to check out to go to a different hotel on March 8th. I checked the hotel website and savings of US$100 booking through your recommendation. I can't thank you enough! I did use the PRICELINE link through your website, hope you got something in return. Thank you thank you! Really appreciate all your help. 

Congratulations on your success!

Sounds like this worked out perfectly... glad to see you received the same hotel as your reservation for the subsequent nights and won't need to change hotels mid-trip.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us confirm this new amenity set for this hotel in the San Francisco Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay(s).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]