Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Miami (South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront) Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel

eman
By eman,
in

hi, I am trying to use price line to book a room in Miami Beach (4.5-5 stars ). I am not sure if using the Bid option is better or choosing one of the express deals is better. I am not really familiar with the details and tricks of the bidding system. I am hoping to get a room on the south beach not more than  250 Canadian dollars. I will be there January 26-29 2019( we are family of 5, 2 adults and 3 children. Can anyone help me, please?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You have a few issues you need to overcome if you intend to use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE...

The biggest 'problem' is that all that is guaranteed with priceline is a room that will accommodate double occupancy and you could potentially receive a room with only one bed.  Sometimes with PRICELINE EXPRESS the hotel will show a room type and you can specifically choose a room with 2 beds (or some other configuration that can meet your needs, such as a bed and a pullout sofabed)... but a room that can accommodate 5 guests is going to be a needle in a haystack.

With HOTWIRE you can search for up to quad occupancy, which gets you quite a bit closer to fulfilling your needs of 5 guests, but still falls short.  The one 'out' you may have here is that HOTWIRE asks for the number of adults/children, and defined 'children' as 2-17; so if one (or more) of your kids is under 2 years old you technically could not include them in the search, but realize that once you win a hotel you would need to call the property to ensure that the room can accommodate 5 guests.  If not, you would then need to call HOTWIRE and explain that you didn't include the under 2 year old since they only asked for guests that were over the age of 2 and get them to cancel the reservation ( you would need to convince them that you're in the right in this situation and i don't think it would be a very difficult sell, but just realize that you would need to get a customer service rep that understood the situation and was willing to take action).

With either of the above (going with a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal which shows a room type that you believe can accommodate all 5 of you or a HOTWIRE property when searching for 2adults/2children) i would first (with our help) make sure you have a pretty comfortable guess as to what the property being offered is as well as if rooms at the guessed hotel can accommodate 5 guests.

How old is your youngest child?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Based upon the above let us know your thoughts and/or if you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thank you very much. I figured that this could be a problem. my youngest is 8 years old. What do you suggest?

i found some good guesses for the 4.5* at south beach, but once we come to the bed type either it is one king or the price will increase with two beds.

What is the best rate you can find thru conventional booking channels for a room that can accommodate all 5 members of your family?

How does that compare to booking 2 rooms thru PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE?

PRICELINE has also been offering apartment rentals thru the 'retail' side of their service (try our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to pinpoint properties near a precise location) which although technically would still only be for double occupancy, some of the offerings may be 2BR-3BR apartments which i would be more comfortable booking for 5 people (although apartment rentals are fairly new so we don't know too much about them yet at this point in time)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

so we ended up booking through Bidding on Priceline, I got Kimpton surf comber for 250 Canadian dollars. unfortunately, the room has one king bed so my husband booked through price line another room for the kids which was 100 dollars more than the one I booked.  

The rooms of the hotel are not great, old and not really clean. It is close to Lincoln road so shopping and coffee were around us all the time. They have good bikes and nice free coffee in the morning.

Thank you for your help and advice.

Thank you for closing this thread and sharing your win with the board.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Please click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]