Priceline Hotel: 4* Austin (Downtown Austin) W Austin

TheBugster
By TheBugster,
in

Hi all,

I'm trying to do a bid for a 4* in the Downtown area of Austin 21-24 Jan - as close to the convention center as possible. I've tried a few bids of $128 - $150 a night - and thought I'd check the Express deals to benchmark my pricing - this is showing up as around $200 a night. I'd prefer a 4.5* but let't not carried away as don't really want to even spend $200. Anyway I am trying to ID the hotel in the Express deal but can't match it to any of the 4*s in the Priceline List of hotels. The amenities are:-

Free Internet Available

Outdoor Swimming Pool

Fitness Center

Handicapped Rooms/Facilities

Spa

Restaurant

Free Internet Access

Swimming Pool

Anyone with any ideas where this could be?

many thanks!

Please use the amenities that are listed in our BiddingHelper.com tool (for either PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE) as they better match the tools that we work with on the board and are more consistent with the amenities that each service uses in most views.

Anyway, for this Express hotel deal offer:

4* Downtown Austin (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $206/nite with:
Fitness Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> AT&T Hotel And Conference Center would be my best guess for this one

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can also put the address of where you need to be in the search box of MAPS and HOTELS.com (given your needs change the search radius to 1 mile)... maybe you can find something nearby and not too expensive.

Keep us update on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

4* HOTWIRE Downtown Austin - Convention Center for $203.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==>  Best guess would be the Fairmont

4* HOTWIRE Downtown Austin - Congress Ave for $177.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Line.

Would either of these possibilities be of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

You can use our BiddingHelper.com to see PRICELINE EXPRESS prices (and easy compare the HOTWIRE and Express deal rates in each tab)... but keep in mind it's not always an apples-to-apples comparison since:

1) each may define the zone slightly differently, so the 'cheap' hotel you see on HOTWIRE may not be in the same zone that you're looking at on PRICELINE (and vice-versa)

2) each service may rate the same hotel differently, so the 4* you're seeing on HOTWIRE as the basis for your priceline name your own price bid may actually be 3.5* rated by priceline

... but generally speaking if PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE are in the $200 range you're not likely going to have success bidding on PRICELINE at $150.  While 25%+ discounts are not unheard of, it's a 25%+ discount from regular retail rates, not for already discounted PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE rates.

As priceline has been moving/hiding the Name Your Own Price bidding page note that we have set up a site for easy access which you can bookmark now: BiddingForHotelRooms.com

If you'd like help with a suggested bidding strategy let us know your desired star rating, acceptable zone(s), and your maximum bid price.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress or how we can be of further help.

The link you provided doesn't provide us the amenities associated with the hotel, but i assume it's this one:

4* Downtown Austin (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) or $108/nite (USD), use THIS LINK if you need GBP with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

==> if this is what you're seeing best guess for this one would be the W Austin

Please use the links above or our PRICELINE EXPRESS link to begin your purchase.

Good luck and let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]