Hotwire Hotel: Adults only all inclusives Mexico

Majimart
By Majimart,
in

Hi there -- I have been looking on Hotwire for all inclusive resorts in the Riviera Maya area. I am looking for 2 adults and 1 child. When I click in the description, it gives me the message that my hotel will be one of these 4. However, I noticed that one of the 4 listed is Secrets, which is an adults only resort.

I include 1 child in my search but adult only hotels show up in the guaranteed 4. Does anyone have experience with this? My fear is that I will end up buying an adults only hotel even if I say I have a child. Does Hotwire make the connection that if you are travelling with children you shouldn't get an adult resort?

Thank you for reading.

May

18 minutes ago, Majimart said:

it gives me the message that my hotel will be one of these 4

Searching using our BiddingHelper.com tool and in the EASY VIEW tab click the GREEN 'What Hotel is This?'... is our algorithm able to determine?

20 minutes ago, Majimart said:

My fear is that I will end up buying an adults only hotel even if I say I have a child

Not going to happen, but in the extremely rare instance that something went 'wrong' and you we given an adult-only property while including a child in your search, HOTWIRE would offer a refund (just make sure that on the check-out page you see that your search is including 2adults/1child).  Hotels enter inventory into the HOTWIRE system indicating how many adults/children can occupy the room; given an adult-only property is not going to enter any rooms that are suitable to include children, all of these hotels should be excluded from the possibilities.

What are the actual dates of your stay and the description (star rating, city, zone, room rate per nite, amenities associated with the property) of the hotel you are referring to... we can probably figure it out thru research and alleviate your concerns to make you more comfortable with the purchase (as well as determine if you are going to live the hotel we guess)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for your answer.

I am looking for Nov 23-30 for 2 adults and 1 child.

I just put the information into Hotwire again, and although I indicate 1 child, I still get "Your Hot Rate hotel is guaranteed to be 1 of these 4."  The 4 listed are Fiesta Americana..., Le Blanc (adults only), Secrets The Vine (adults only), and Turquoize, which is also adults only.  Therefore I should deduce that the only possible hotel they would give me is Fiesta Americana....at least that's what I hope.  

11 hours ago, thereuare said:

Searching using our BiddingHelper.com tool and in the EASY VIEW tab click the GREEN 'What Hotel is This?'... is our algorithm able to determine?

Did you use/try our algorithm above?

11 hours ago, thereuare said:

What are the actual dates of your stay and the description (star rating, city, zone, room rate per nite, amenities associated with the property) of the hotel you are referring to...

What are the details of the hotel in question?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello -- yes I used the algorithm. After I did my search, it gave me the best guess as Dreams Riviera. However, the other choices given are   Breathless & Secrets, adults only.

The details are 

Resort, Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Spa, Childrens Activities, Free Parking, Food and Beverages, Premium Beverages, ala Carte, Water Sports, Evening Entertainment, Daily Activities

The children's activities tell me that it can't be Breathless or Secrets. However, some other hotels do not list children's activities at all.

Thank you for all your help. I will continue looking and perhaps limit my choices to just resorts that list kids. 😀

Something isn't right, and i suspect you're looking at two different HOTWIRE offers, as your latest 'guess' is one that was not included in the '1 of 4' the first time you searched.

So that we can research and look at the same property that you are looking for, please include all of the information requested:

3 hours ago, thereuare said:

What are the actual dates of your stay and the description (star rating, city, zone, room rate per nite, amenities associated with the property) of the hotel you are referring to...

If the property you're seeing is the Fiesta Americana are you willing to commit at this point in time at the currently offered price?  If it's not the Fiesta Americana what is the most that you would be willing to pay for this property at the current time?  Is the Fiesta Americana the only acceptable hotel at the moment?

Hello -- yes the above was a different search.  I get different results on my laptop vs. my phone. Also, the Hotwire Canada site gives me different choices compared to the USA site.

I am looking for 4* +, city is Cancun, zone is whatever-- it doesn't matter--all zones are fine. I have not put in room rate per night, but up to USD$300.  Dates are Nov 23-20 for 2 adults and 1 child.

I am not searching for a specific hotel; I'm just looking for a deal in the Cancun area.

I tried the searches again today, but I still get lists with adults only resorts in them--one was Desires, which is known to be a swingers place...lol...  

I will have to stick to ones that specify children's activities if I go the Hotwire route.

Thanks again

May

1 hour ago, Majimart said:

I still get lists with adults only resorts in them

Consistent with my previous comments above, HOTWIRE is not filtering the '1 of 4' results to be inline with your search... only showing you hotels of the same star rating in the zone (and i have even seen a few rare examples of hotels of the same star rating outside of the zone.  A similar example would be a hotel showing 'Free Breakfast' and one/some of the '1 of 4' doesn't offer free breakfast... or the hotel offers a pool but the '1 of 4' shows hotels that don't have pools.

1 hour ago, Majimart said:

I will have to stick to ones that specify children's activities if I go the Hotwire route.

Out of concern that there will be activities for your child to do... or in order to ensure you avoid an adult-only property?

How about:

5* HOTWIRE Hotel Zone - Convention Center for $120.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Resort
Suite
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort and Spa is my best guess for this one

Well under your budget, 5 star rated, good reviews... and Childrens Activities listed.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]