Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Miami (Miami International Airport (MIA)) Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel and Executive Meeting Center

RandomTraveller
By RandomTraveller,
in

Hi,

(I've clicked the links)

A few friends and I are flying into Miami on Saturday 26th before departing on a cruise out of the Port of Miami on Sunday.  We're all arriving from different places at different times, and due to that were looking to stay close to the airport, bonus if the hotel has a free airport shuttle but not a requirement.  We'll just Uber to the port on Sunday.

I've done a bit of research already, we will need 2 rooms, which unfortunately removes a nice option from Priceline Express (for what I assume is a 3.5 star Crown Plaza for $94) which only shows up when we request 1 room.

What I've seen so far is this:
----

Hotwire:  

I assume the following is the Pullman

4-star Hotel
Miami Intl Airport (MIA) area

$106  per night   

Complimentary:
Free Internet 

Amenities:
Airport shuttle
Business center
Fitness center
Pet friendly
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Smoke-free rooms

-----

Priceline Express:

I assume the following is La Quinta or Extended Stay, not sure which

2.5-Star Hotel  
Miami Airport West - Doral

$73 per night 

Amenities:
Free Internet Access
Free Parking
Free Breakfast
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Pets Allowed
Swimming Pool

----
Priceline Express:

I can't tell what the following is, Holiday Inn is the only one that shows up on the hotels list, but it says only service animals are allowed

2.5-Star Hotel
Miami International Airport (MIA)

$99 per night

Amenities:
Free Internet Access
Free Parking
Free Breakfast
Pets Allowed

----

I guess I'm first wondering if anyone agrees with my identification of the Hotwire above, and if there is any light that can be shed on the two Priceline Expresses. 

I wouldn't mind trying a bidding strategy for Priceline standard if there were a chance I could do as good as or better than the Pullman, but feel it's unlikely.

With these hotels are we likely to get a 2 beds, or are they pretty inflexible if we arrive and they assigned us to a single bed room?

Finally, we just booked the cruise last minute, and now we are looking for a hotel stay that is only 17 days away, is there any advantage of holding out to see if prices go down, or is it likely to be flat (or go up) from here on out?

Thanks,

RandomTraveller

Welcome to BetterBidding!

3 hours ago, RandomTraveller said:

With these hotels are we likely to get a 2 beds, or are they pretty inflexible if we arrive and they assigned us to a single bed room?

Do you need more than double occupancy in either/both rooms... or are there only two guests per room but you'd prefer not to share a bed? (if the former, how many guests do you need for each room?)

So we can replicate the search results above please let us know how many rooms/adults you are including in your search.

3 hours ago, RandomTraveller said:

a hotel stay that is only 17 days away, is there any advantage of holding out to see if prices go down, or is it likely to be flat (or go up) from here on out?

There is no way to know... it all depends upon how actual new reservations/cancellations come in relative to expected new reservations/cancellations.  If the hotel gets fewer new bookings and/or more cancellations in the next 2 weeks then you could see rates drop further... but the opposite is also true, if the hotel gets fewer cancellations and/or more new bookings then you could see rates rise from there.  However, let's start with the occupancy information above and we'll then take it from there as it may be an easy decision for you at that point... if we find a hotel for $100/nite that is selling for $175+ thru traditional channels then it's likely an easy decision that there is enough savings involved to lock it in now; on the other hand if we find a $100 hotel but regular rates are $115 then there is less reason to act immediately.

Is there a consensus among your group as to an ideal budget and/or what you're looking for in a hotel?  For example, just from the listings above (i haven't researched them yet since i don't have the occupancy numbers to replicate your search) if a 4* hotel is available for $106/nite is a 2.5* at $99 a realistic/likely option?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There will be 3 guests total.  2 in one room, and 1 in the other.  For the 2 sharing, ideally there would be 2 beds, but not the end of the world if there is only one.

I'm pretty much leading the hotel choice, so the others will fall in line with my decision.  The 4* doesn't include breakfast, where the 2.5* does, which is why I was keeping them both in the mix for now.

Thanks,

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted for the hotwire hotel as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

4* HOTWIRE Miami Intl Airport (MIA) for $106.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Tennis
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> i would agree the Pullman Miami Airport would be the best guess for this one

2.5* Miami Airport West - Doral (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $73/nite with:
Free Parking
Free Breakfast
Pets Allowed
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> best guess would be the Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral

2.5* Miami International Airport (MIA) (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $99/nite with:
Free Parking
Free Breakfast
Pets Allowed
Free Internet
==> Extended Stay America Miami Airport Blue Lagoon is my guess for this one

I'm also seeing this one which would also seem to fit within the parameters of the other properties you have asked about:

3.5* Miami International Airport (MIA) (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $94/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Airport Shuttle
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> best guess here would be the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel and Executive Meeting Center

As far as occupancy goes all that is guaranteed would be a room that can accommodate double occupancy.  After you make your choice and see the name of the hotel, you can call the property and make a request for the type of room that you are seeking.  Some hotels are better than others at taking/honoring the request beforehand, but most will typically try to work with you and give you what you're seeking at check-in, as long as it's available and you're not looking to upgrade to a room that usually costs more than the room type you're assigned to.

Are any of the properties above of interest?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks...

I ended up booking the:

3.5* Miami International Airport (MIA)  for $94/nite with:

and it did turn out to be 

Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

All in rates were:

Room price:$94.00 avg./night

Number of rooms:2 rooms

Number of nights:1 night

Room subtotal:$188.00

Taxes & fees:$44.84

Total charged today:$232.84

Total charged:$232.84 

Thanks again,

RT

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal at this property and that you're pleased with the results... should be convenient for everyone to meet before embarkation day.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great stay and enjoy your cruise!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]