Priceline Hotel: Priceline/Hotwire Hotel June 5*

dutchwifey
By dutchwifey,
in

Hi!

Please are you able to help me find a 5* hotel to celebrate my upcoming 10th wedding anniversary in June.

I ideally would like around Times Square or central park south- or anywhere around/between these two areas.

My dates of travel are 10th June- 15th June.

Room rate would be around 250euros a night (so roughly $285 )

Is this achievable? Or do I need to look at dropping to a 4/4.5 star?

Many thanks in advance. 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

At the 5* level you will need to increase your budget a bit, as this is the least expensive 5 star hotel that i'm seeing when searching for your dates:

5* Central Park South (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $308/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
==> Viceroy Central Park New York is my best guess for this one

4.5* HOTWIRE Rockefeller Center for $183.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Warwick New York

However, there are also some very nice 4.5 star hotels that meet your  needs, of which i would suggest:

4.5* Midtown East (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $246/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
==> best guess here would be the Intercontinental New York Barclay (which was recently renovated a few years ago and has since been getting very good reviews)

4.5* Midtown East (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $258/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> likely The Benjamin

Of the above I think the Warwick provides the best value, as it gets great reviews and is centrally located (easily walkable to both Central Park and Times Square, as well as near multiple subway stations/lines)

Any of the above work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for replying!

There is a possibility of increasing the budget, ive been on priceline and have put a bid in for 5* hotels for $300 a night but was unsuccessful, do you have any idea how high I would need to go?

Also does HOTWIRE regularly change the secret hotels  they offer on the site, or do they stay the same?

Many thanks

At the 5* level, which zones did you bid for up to $300?

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

5* HOTWIRE Central Park South for $288.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Best guess would be the Viceroy

5* HOTWIRE Central Park South for $307.10
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Best guess would be the Quin

HOTWIRE listings can change at any time.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

3 hours ago, dutchwifey said:

ive been on priceline and have put a bid in for 5* hotels for $300 a night but was unsuccessful, do you have any idea how high I would need to go?

Less than $308/nite since then it would be cheaper to just buy the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer in my original reply above.

However, i would suggest to not be so focused on the star rating and read the reviews of the Warwick; would a hotel with a half star rating higher be worth $125/nite more?  I would sooner allocate the extra $100+ per nite on doing more things in the city that would make the trip more memorable/special.

3 hours ago, dutchwifey said:

Also does HOTWIRE regularly change the secret hotels  they offer on the site, or do they stay the same?

Same as PRICELINE EXPRESS... the offers can remain the same from now until the day of your arrival OR the offer you want could disappear the next time you search.  It's all based upon supply/demand, hotel occupancy levels, how many rooms they make available to the opaque suppliers, purchases of others that are looking at the same dates as you, etc.

I'm very familiar with NYC, is there something in particular that you're looking for that is not met by any of the hotels above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]