Priceline Hotel: New York, 4.5* 5*, 3/12-3/18/19

lilladyles
By lilladyles,
in

Hello! I am struggling to find a good deal like I have in the past on Hotwire and Priceline. My husband and I are traveling 3/12/19-3/18/19 to NYC for our 10 yr wedding anniversary, so I'd really like to book a 4.5 - 5 Star hotel. Location preferences are Chelsea, a hotel near The High Line, Rockefeller center, NoMad, the Village. We have always stayed in Times Square, but would like to try something different this time around. We are still open to Times Square if that is what is most affordable for the 4.5-5 stars we are looking for, though. Room rate budget is less than $140 max (preferably less!) a night, but with the additional fees hotels are now charging, I'm not sure if that is expecting too much. We aren't picky with amenities, but location and stars aren't too flexible for us.

Thank you so much in advance for your help! This website is fantastic and I find it immensely helpful when I book trips!

Welcome to Betterbidding and Happy (early) Anniversary!

Thank you so much for your compliments on Betterbidding! Sharing any prior wins (as separate threads) is greatly appreciated and helps others researching their stays.

Unfortunately, the slowest period of the year is usually Jan/Feb. March starts to get more expensive and based on rates I'm seeing for these dates, there may be an event going on.

The cheapest 4.5*+ option that I'm seeing on HOTWIRE/PRICELINE EXPRESS is:

4.5* HOTWIRE Empire State Building - Bryant Park for $147.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Best guess would be the Gotham. There doesn't appear to be a resort fee at this property.

I'm also seeing:

4.5* HOTWIRE Rockefeller Center for $144.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Warwick, although the issue in this case is that there's a $25 resort fee per day.

Otherwise, a 4.5/5 will likely take around $175-225, depending on the star rating and zone.

Would either of the above two potential options be of interest? If raising your budget is of interest, let us know and we would be happy to research and suggest additional options available.

Please let us know what you decide and if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

23 hours ago, lilladyles said:

This website is fantastic and I find it immensely helpful when I book trips!

We're glad to hear you find the site useful.:smile:  Please begin to share your wins with the board so that others can be aware of, and benefit from,  your wins just as you have gained insight from those who have posted before you.

Mid-march is the start of high-season in NYC when hotel rates begin to increase, so you're $140 budget is starting to push the limits, but the following are all close with minor compromises and our best guess is included inline for each:

4* Lower East Side - Chinatown (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $133/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
==> best guess here would be the Holiday Inn Lower East Side (which is a fairly new property and even though 'just' a Holiday Inn does get good reviews)

4.5* Lower East Side - Chinatown (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $136/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> Hotel Indigo Lower East Side, there is a resort fee but would give you the 4.5* you were originally seeking for just a bit over your target budget

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $144/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> CLUB QUARTERS HOTEL TIMES SQUARE - MIDTOWN

You may also want to consider splitting your stay:

4* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for 3/15-3/18(<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $141/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> not 100% certain but i believe this may be the MOXY NYC Times Square (but even if some other property this has a 9+ user review rating by previous guests so it should be a very nice property)

You could combine this with what is believed to be the Holiday Inn Lower East Side which is $126 for 3/12-3/15

4* Lower East Side - Chinatown (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $126/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet

Any of the options above work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]