Winning Bid Higher than Listed Price... What Can I Do?

jihanemo
By jihanemo,
in

Has anyone ever used NYP to bid and landed a hotel for a rate that was higher than its listed price?

This happened to me... I’m disgusted that Priceline would even allow this to happen. You would think that (if they were ethical), they would eliminate any properties that were listed *below* your bid (extremely wishful thinking in my part, I know).

I spoke briefly with a Priceline rep on live chat. Of course, they told me there was nothing to be done. I even took a screenshot of the regular rate *after* my Name Your Price reservation was completed.

And 20 min after the reservation, the property was then conveniently showing double the price as the previously listed rate in Priceline search results.

Is there anything I can do or am I stuck with it?

Thank you guys for reading my issue/rant.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To begin, most users come to the board to see which hotels are trending as 'wins', so please share the details of your purchase (star rating, city, zone, hotel name, winning bid amount, and dates of your stay) so that others will be aware of, and can benefit from, your purchase.

For the future, we have LOTS of tools available to make sure that you don't overbid.  Using our BiddingHelper.com tool will allow you, with just one search, to compare rates of PRICELINE EXPRESS vs. HOTWIRE, shows you regular rates of hotels in the zone of the same star rating that you intend to bid, often identify the hotel 'opaque' hotel that is being offered, etc, etc.  We have put a lot of time, effort, and expense into these tools and they are all available for you to use... free of charge!

So back to your situation... it sounds like it comes down to you won a hotel, found a lower price, but when trying to make a claim for PRICELINE's Best Rate Guarantee the rate is no longer available?  Do i have the situation correct?  What was the lower price you found after your purchase and what was the price after it went up later in the day?  Did you find the lower price on PRICELINE's website or was it thru a different booking channel?

Let us know all of the information above and we will advise accordingly.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

PS- if you bid on priceline frequently, i'm sure you have noticed that they are constantly moving/hiding the bidding page.  We have set up the following page, BiddingForHotelRooms.com, to provide easy access to the bidding form; bookmark now for future use.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]