Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Tampa (Tampa Airport South - Westshore) La Quinta Inn Tampa Bay Airport

purplelotus
By purplelotus,
in

Total cost $54.97 with taxes and fees.  Amenities listed were free internet, pets allowed, airport shuttle, free breakfast, swimming pool, non-smoking rooms available, and bedding (not sure what bedding means).  Underneath it said bed choice available.  I chose 2 double beds w/o microwave and fridge for $42.  It was $47 if you wanted 2 doubles w/ microwave and fridge.  King was $85.  Guest rating was 7.  Cheapest rate I could find elsewhere was $80 so I'm very pleased with the win.  It is an old style La Quinta with exterior corridors, but we're only here one night.   Before I clicked to buy the hotel, Priceline said the last person got this hotel.  I thought it was the LaQuinta  since they allow pets, and most of their hotels have 2 double beds and king options which was what I was offered.    Haven't used Priceline or Hotwire much in the last few years since I seldom find good deals any more, but this was one. 

• 1 month later...

I forgot to comment on our stay.  For the price and for just one night this was a good deal, but this hotel only deserves a 2-star rating.   (I filled out the Priceline review and told them that.) We stay at a lot of 2.5 and 3-star hotels, and this hotel is NOT 2.5 star.   Room was clean, reasonable size, and modern, but the hotel buildings are dumpy and old.   We'd probably stay again for one night at this price, but I wouldn't want to stay there much longer.   Front desk clerk was snippy when I called from the airport to get the shuttle, but that can happen anywhere.  The breakfast was mediocre at best -- lots of unhealthy pre-packaged items.  There are a few restaurants within walking distance, IHOP, Pei Wei, Starbucks, and others I can't remember.  

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]