Priceline Hotel: 4* Mag Mile 3/13-3/16 $76

memo10
By memo10,
in

For this hotel offer:

4* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $76/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Airport Shuttle
Restaurant
==> Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago would be my best guess for this one

Does this work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Allerton is in a fantastic location right on Michigan Ave, but it is an older property and rooms are on the smaller side.

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE when searching for 2 adults/2 children (I'm guessing this is what you are looking for if you are looking for something family-friendly)

4* HOTWIRE River North for $137.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Indoor Pool
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Embassy Suites Downtown. This is a little more than the potential Allerton, but would provide breakfast and evening reception.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

3* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $72
Free Breakfast
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
>>>Best guess would be the Residence Inn Mag Mile, although there is no bed choice option showing.

Would either of these be of interest? Additionally, I'm quite familiar with Chicago and happy to answer any city questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'm going to check out the Allerton, there is a suite offered as an option which would be appealing.  We can make a standard room work, but we have three kids- 7,5, and 1.5 so bigger is always better!  

I would love any insight you have to offer!  We're planning on using public transit entirely so we don't have to bring car seats.  On our to-see list is the Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Millennium Park/Maggie Daley park, and one of the observation decks.  I'm thinking about buying the city pass ticket  So I would say our 2 biggest priorities are location and size.  On a superficial level though, I'd love a non-generic building... we're from Florida so most of our hotels are pretty standard buildings.  I think my kids would be so wowed by a historic building! 

I'll let AaronJB comment more about the general area, but with a family of 5 you're not going to find many hotel rooms that fit you comfortably, and even fewer that offer the opportunity of a suite as a room choice, so i would try to make a decision sooner rather than later while this is offer is available.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is this a plausible strategy for sleuthing out the hot rate deals?  I'm sorting hotels by class and then cross-referencing the listed reviews of the hot rate listings with hotels in the same area/class and then referring to the hotel lists here.  It almost seems too simple?  

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

4* HOTWIRE Millennium Park for $116.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the St Jane, which until recently was the Hard Rock Hotel. If you are interested in a historic property, then I'd rather suggest this hotel - the building is the Carbide & Carbon building, which is one of downtown Chicago's more famed architectural landmarks. There was a multi-year restoration before this property became the Hard Rock, then a revamp over several months not long ago before it was turned into the St Jane. There is also a tripadvisor 4.5/5 rating. Michigan Ave starts a short walk to the North, then Millennium Park is a short walk to the South, so this is a central location when looking at the city as a whole. There is an upgraded room for $147. The issue would be that 5 in one room would be a risk on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE and I would not have everyone come up to the desk at check-in.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel and numbers of rooms - 2 - are showing after clicking the link below.)

3* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $72
Free Breakfast
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
>>>Best guess would be the Residence Inn Mag Mile. While not a historic property, you could get 2 rooms at this property and still remain a good deal under your desired budget, plus two rooms here would provide a ton of room and a kitchenette in each room. Additionally, I've stayed at this property before and thought it was a nice Residence Inn property (I believe it was a converted apartment building) and if you can get a room on the top floor or two looking North (no guarantees) you may get a partial lake view. Breakfast would be a nice added value, plus very pleasant location right off the top end of Michigan Ave. Water Tower, the Hancock and the core of the Michigan Ave shopping area would be all within a quick walk. Lincoln Park Zoo would also be a relatively short bus trip or cab ride. While not exactly what you are looking for, I definitely think this would be a great value/family friendly.

If you only wanted 1 room: (please confirm the correct dates of travel and numbers of rooms - 1 - are showing after clicking the link below.)

3* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $72
Free Breakfast
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
>>>Best guess would be the Residence Inn Mag Mile. If you took 1 room, then you would be well under budget and that difference can go towards a lot of other things in the city - museums, restaurants, etc.

Please let me know if you have any questions before booking. Will offer city thoughts in a separate post shortly.

The Shedd is terrific (and it's remarkable how much it has evolved over the years) and the nice thing is that you are going during the off season. As for Spring break traffic, I'm seeing April for Spring break in Chicago on the CPS website. During the Summer, crowds can be such that it can be a bit difficult to get near exhibits/less enjoyable. The Field is right across from the Shedd at the Museum Campus, so easy to go from one to the other and get done in one trip.

The Lincoln Park Zoo is a terrific Zoo in Lincoln Park and remarkably, continues to manage to be free.  The Peggy Notebaert Nature Center (http://www.naturemuseum.org/), is a couple of blocks North of the zoo's North gate. That's a small but gorgeous museum with a beautiful live butterfly exhibit. It does charge admission. 

Millennium Park is nice, but it's going to be somewhat more limited in March  - the gardens are not going to have much going on, the fountains will not be on. There is the bean and the playground. The Art Institute - which is a fantastic museum - is right next to MP.

The Chicago Children's Museum is a great stop for families - that is located at Navy Pier, which thankfully has undergone a number of upgrades/updates over the last couple of years.

The one Museum that I think is fantastic but unfortunately is a bit of ways South of the city (see: https://www.msichicago.org/visit/getting-here/) is the Museum of Science and Industry. That's a terrific, highly interactive museum and if of interest, you can take the Metra train to near the museum and then walk the remaining distance.

In terms of restaurants, let me know likes/dislikes and would be happy to offer recommendations.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply!  We decided to add a day onto our trip and stay until the 17th which should give us an opportunity to venture further from the city.. I think we’ll either do the zoo or the science mueseum. We thought it might be a neat experience to see the river green so we’ll do that before we fly out. The flights I booked have already gone up and I think room availability has changed too. I went ahead and booked the homewood suites on grand through the Hilton site (lowest price I could find). I’m going to keep checking Hotwire though to see if the price of the embassy in the same area drops before I have to cancel with Hilton. I’ll update if I do!  

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE for 3/13-17:

4* HOTWIRE River North for $176.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Indoor Pool
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Embassy Suites Downtown

The first two nights are significantly cheaper when viewed separately:

3/13-15 on HOTWIRE:

4* HOTWIRE River North for $109.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Indoor Pool
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Embassy Suites Downtown

3/15-17 on HOTWIRE:

4.5* HOTWIRE Magnificent Mile - Water Tower for $99.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Westin Michigan Avenue.

Two different hotels, but half the time in the Embassy Suites hotel you were looking for and the other in a Westin right on Michigan Ave. Plus, keeps the average price per night around $105.

Would either of these options be of interest? Let us know what you decide and if you have any city or hotel questions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]