OH Toledo Wyndham Downtown

hikimmo
By hikimmo,
in

Following up with a review of the Toledo Wyndham.

Let me start by saying that for the price ($35/night) it was a wonderful buy. Both bedroom and bathroom were spacious and clean. Overall, it was great for a 3* hotel. Not as nice as a Hilton or Hyatt, but we were pleased with our bargain. Since we were in town to visit our kids/grandkids, we didn't take advantage of any of the hotel amenities, so I can't comment on the restaurant, fitness room, etc.

My complaints:

1. The sheets weren't great. They were on the rough side and wouldn't stay put. I'm not a restless sleeper, but my feet ended up on bare mattress several nights of our stay.

2. The faucet in the bathroom dripped hot water into the sink as well as onto the tile below. I notified the front desk on our third day so they could have maintenance fix it. Upon checkout, it still wasn't repaired.

3. Valet parking costs $16/day. But there's a parking garage about a block away that's only $6/day. It was worth the walk to save $60 over the course of our stay. Be aware that although valet parking offers in/out priveleges, the parking garage does not. Oh, and on weekdays, there's a safe underground tunnel that connects the garage directly with the hotel.

4. My dh is a Wyndham By Request member. The hotel wouldn't honor it because we used Priceline. So we didn't get a morning newspaper and couldn't access the wireless internet. That bugged me. I didn't like being made to feel like a second-class citizen. In all my years of using Priceline, every other hotel we've stayed at allowed us to use our member privileges. For example, whenever we stay at a Doubletree, we always get free breakfasts because we're Hilton Honors members. They never deny it because we made our reservations through PL.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]