Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Las Vegas (The Strip - Southeast) The Signature At Mgm Grand

newuser714
By newuser714,
in

Hello, I have a question about the resort/hotel fee charged by Priceline. I booked a hotel on the strip and was charged everything up front from my credit card including the "hotel fee." 

Example:

Room total: $200

Hotel fee: $80

Taxes:$50

I got charged $330 from my credit card. Which includes the hotel fee. I was under the impression that Priceline only charges the room total and taxes and the hotel would charge the hotel fee after i check out. My concern is that I'm going to get charged the resort fee twice. Does this mean i don't have to pay the resort fee at the hotel because Priceline will do it? Have you guys seen this before? Let me know please.

Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As most users here visit to learn about what hotels are being won and at what prices, can you please add a reply to this thread with the details of your purchase (star rating, city, zone, hotel name received, room rate per nite, and dates)

You likely have not yet been charged the resort fee.  If you take a closer look at your confirmation email does it actually look something like this (the numbers will be different than your above seen we don't have the information to replicate your results/purchase):

Room Subtotal $120.00

Taxes and Fees $33.97

Total Priceline Charges $153.97  <-- this is the amount that should appear on your credit card statement

Additional Mandatory Fee* $35.00

Total Cost $188.97

Note above that although you're shown the Total Cost based upon an estimate of the resort fee, the amount that was actually charged to your credit card only includes the Room Rate and Taxes/Fees... the resort fee and total cost are only provided for clarity/convenience.  They have not yet been paid and are payable directly to the hotel.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please let us know the details of your purchase so that others can benefit from the information, find your post when searching the topic titles on the board, and so your win will appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thanks... and good luck in Vegas!:wink:

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

4.5*

Las Vegas

The Strip - Southeast

$103/nt

Hotel i got is the signature at mgm grand.

Thank you for the reply but i have indeed already been charged the hotel fee of $80. i have confirmed this on my credit card statement. I'm worried I'll be charged twice. I'm going to call customer service I just wanted to ask here first.

Can you please also add the date so we can have this win appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins as well as copy/paste from your confirmation email the area that shows the room rate per nite part down to the total cost, as already being charged for the resort fee would be highly unusual (since if for some reason you were a 'no-show' you would forfeit the cost for the room but there would be no resort fee be paid)

What did PRICELINE custom service say when you reached out to them?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]