Hotwire Hotel: 4* Newark (Jersey City) The Westin Jersey City Newport

openstage
By openstage,
in

For the property above (i'm seeing it for $145/nite but maybe you're searching for something other than the default 1room/2adults/0children):

3* HOTWIRE Long Island City for $145.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess for this one would be the Fairfield Inn and Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let me try that again -  I used the Bidding Helper on this site

Hotwire

3 stars

long island city, NY
April 17, 2019 to April 20, 2019 | 1 room, 3 nights, 3 adults, 0 children
$168

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

(95% recommended)

Thanks

Same property (although i'm still seeing this at $146/nite USD before fees/taxes)... still put the Fairfield Inn and Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge as best guess for this HOTWIRE property.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

For the offer above:

3.5* HOTWIRE Long Island City for $125.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess here would be the Wyndham Garden Long Island City

I'm very familiar with the NYC-metro area, is there something in particular that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip?  What is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes in USD)?

Yes.  We've stayed at a few hotels in this area so we're familiar.  Actually saw the 4th of July Fireworks here this summer by the Pepsi sign!

Here is some information about what I'm looking for.
#1 I have a traveler who is older.  So close access to the subway is a must.  By close, I mean less than 3 blocks.
#2 We are driving in with a minivan that has a Handicapped plate.  Parking onsite or nearby in a garage is a plus.

#3 Our main attraction will be taking the subway in to see 2 Broadway shows.
#4 My goal is to spend less than $200 per night on a 3 star with 2 beds.   I would like the ability to cancel, but that's not a deal breaker.

#5 I tried to find on Manhattan, but with fees most things pushed above $300 a night.

#6 We will spend zero time in the hotel, so most of the amenities are not an issue.  Just clean and Wifi.

What I'm confused about is why your price is continually showing up less than what I'm finding?  I'm looking on Hotwire Easy View.  Are you incorporating the Black Friday discount?

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, openstage said:

My goal is to spend less than $200 per night on a 3 star with 2 beds

Above you indicated you are searching for 3rooms for 3adults... so why need 2 beds if you only have one adult per room?

EDIT TO ADD: see comment under next quote box below

23 minutes ago, openstage said:

What I'm confused about is why your price is continually showing up less than what I'm finding?

It looks like you're searching for 3 rooms with 3adults per room... i was searching for 3rooms for 3adults; are you actually searching for (in total) 3rooms/9adults?

20 minutes ago, openstage said:

I would like the ability to cancel, but that's not a deal breaker.

Are you ready to commit to a non-refundable purchase as this point in time, as any PRICELINE / HOTWIRE offer is going to be non-refundable.

The original offer, for the Fairfield Inn and Suites, seems to hit your requirement for close to a subway station (it's 2 blocks away) and is within budget, so what is missing from this property that makes you want to wait?

I guess I'm leery of some of the reviews I'm reading at the Fairfield Inn. Not ruling it out, but let's try this (unless you want a new thread)

Jersey City

4*

$168

Hotwire (thru Bidding Helper)

April 17, 2019 to April 20, 2019 | 1 room, 3 nights, 3 adults, 0 children 

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

100% Recommended

I know the time into the city and access to the train may be more difficult with this choice.

4* HOTWIRE Jersey City for $168.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> The Westin Jersey City Newport is the best guess for this one

Given the mobility needs of one of your guests, what do you intend to do once in Manhattan, as certainly some of the locations you will be visiting will be further than 3 blocks from a subway station... and some 'hops' from one location to the next may actually be quicker by not taking the subway, but may be further than 3+ blocks away.

Winning Bid!

$168 for the The Westin Jersey City Newport.  Also used the BFRIDAY20 Promo Code to save $20

April 17 - 20,  2019

3 adults, 3 nights.

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

100% Recommended

Thanks BB for your patience with me as I looked into all the possibilities!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]