Priceline Hotel: Miami, Jan 26 (1 night), Feb 3-5 (2 nights) help

genx
By genx,
in

Hi Guys,

Need help with booking my next trip. I will be in Miami pre-cruise (Jan 26th) and post cruise (Feb 3-5). I will be traveling with 2 adults and 2 kids.

Jan 26, ideal stay close to cruise port or possible Lincoln street (budget looking for best $ value but $200/night)

Feb 3-5, Tourist area would be good  (budget looking for best $ value but $200/night), last year with help here won Washington Park Hotel of PRICELINE EXPRESS deals. which was great location. (budget looking for best $ value but $200/night)

Thanks for your help and happy thanksgiving

Please use separate thread for each leg of your trip.  We will use this thread for your Pre Cruise Hotels stay on Jan 26, please start a NEW TOPIC for the Feb 3-5 leg of your trip.

For Jan 26, if you search using our BiddingHelper.com tool you will see that you really don't have many options in the Miami Downtown zone (the zone closest to the cruise ship terminal) under $200/nite.

There is this 2 star property:

2* HOTWIRE Downtown - Port of Miami for $116.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Pool
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==> likely the River Park Hotel and Suites, but the reviews are poor and unless you have very minimalistic needs i would tend to look elsewhere

If you're willing to stretch your budget slightly there is this one:

4* HOTWIRE Downtown - Port of Miami for $232.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==> from the Miami Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for the Hyatt Regency Miami and would be my best guess here (on a side note, this is where i stayed pre-cruise about 15 years ago and my first PRICELINE deal ever)

If looking to stay within budget and a slight trade-off with location (you'll have to take a taxi to the port regardless) i would have a look at these:

3* HOTWIRE Miami Intl Airport (MIA) for $127.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Condo
Pet Friendly
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess would be the Element Miami International Airport.  Staying by the airport is not that bad of an idea (especially if arriving in the late afternoon/evening) and taxi fare to the port the next day would be cheaper than staying downtown and taking a taxi there and to the port the following day

3.5* HOTWIRE Miami Intl Airport (MIA) for $138.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Shuttle
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==> Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel and Executive Meeting Center 

3* HOTWIRE Miami Intl Airport (MIA) for $144.68
Free Parking
Free Internet
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Four Points By Sheraton Miami Airport

Closer to Downtown and highly rated is:

4* HOTWIRE Brickell - Financial District for $158.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Atton Brickell Miami Hotel

Any of the above work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Downtown is between the airport and the cruise port, it's not a terribly expensive taxi ride to either, but it's too far for a hotel to offer free shuttle service on an ongoing basis.  There may be a handful of Downtown hotels that offer a shuttle to the pier, but generally they are poor/lesser quality properties which only offer the service to lure in guests.

As noted there is not too much within your budget so you're going to need to make some compromises, but why not that last offer of the Atton Brickell Miami Hotel?  If you enter the address (1500 Southwest 1st Avenue, Miami, FL) at MAPS and HOTELS.com (do a search, click the hotel name on the left, and in the info bubble on the map click the link 'SEE NEARBY Restaurants, Coffee, Bars, etc.')... this property has a walkscore of 94 which means there is plenty to see/do/walk to in the immediate area.  It also appears to be near a train stop if you needed to go more 'downtown'.  As well, it's less than a 10 minute taxi ride to the port... why not this one?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]