Hotwire Hotel: San Diego (Coronado)

Lumberjack
By Lumberjack,
in

Just curious, do hotels ever use two different Hot Rate descriptions? I'm searching for hotels in Coronado/Silver Strand and I keep coming across these two 4-star Resort in Coronado - Silver Strand - Imperial Beach area listings:

4-star Resort in Coronado - Silver Strand - Imperial Beach area

85% recommended -- 5 reviews; 4/5 on Trip Advisor (number of reviews not listed)

Amenities: Business center Fitness center Golf nearby Pool(s) Resort Restaurant(s) Smoke-free rooms

This listing also comes up for "Amenities" on other days: Boutique hotel Business center Fitness center Near beach Pool(s) Resort Restaurant(s) Smoke-free rooms

$22 resort fee

4-star Resort in Coronado - Silver Strand - Imperial Beach area

95% recommended -- 325 reviews; 4.5/5 on Trip Advisor (5100 reviews)

Amenities: Business center Fitness center Pet friendly Pool(s) Resort Restaurant(s) Smoke-free rooms

$26 resort fee

The top listing is always cheaper. Basic deduction indicates that the top listing is Pier South Resort and the bottom one is Loews Coronado Bay, because the resort fees match those hotels (and the age check ins). But here's the kicker: these two listings NEVER appear at the same time as a Hot Rate. I've tried countless date/range combinations searching over several months (Nov./Dec./Jan.) and these two listings NEVER appear that the same time. Sometimes I'll do a search for a four-night stretch and one hotel will show up as a Hot Rate, and then as a test I'll choose one random night in the middle of that four-night span and the other hotel will show up as a Hot Rate, but not the original listing. Also, each listing says Book Soon! The last person got Loews Coronado Bay Resort. I know the "book soon" isn't always right, but the fact that these two never appear at the same time causes me to wonder if these listings are actually the same hotel, or if the managers at these two hotels are working together to stagger availability dates, or is something else odd. As noted above, the "amenities" also vary on the first listing depending on the days searched.

I'm perplexed! Anyone have any insight into this? I've used Hotwire a lot and have always been able to pretty much figure out what I'm getting, but this one has me wondering.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Are your dates of travel confirmed? If so, please confirm the dates so that we can research the listings.

Hotels are occasionally seen with more than one variation on amenity set, but in this case with different tripadvisor ratings these are likely two different hotels.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

If you provide us with date(s) that the first hotel appears and date(s) for when the second hotel appears we can look into and research each.

Also, what are the dates that you actually need for an upcoming trip to this area?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]