Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Times Square) The Westin New York at Times Square

jv2489
By jv2489,
in

Hello!  I need some help figuring out which hotel this is.  Trying to avoid Yotel because of the horror stories on yelp.  Thank you in advance!

Traveling to Times Square and I see this Hotwire express deal:

4*

Times Square

11/30 thru 12/03

$195

Free Internet, Fitness center, Business center and more

Welcome to BetterBidding!

30 minutes ago, jv2489 said:

Free Internet, Fitness center, Business center and more

We need to know the 'and more' information.:wink:

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

4* HOTWIRE Times Square for $195.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> from the New York City Hotwire Hotel List the above does indeed match the Yotel New York and would be my best guess for this one

Looking for other things around this price point do you have to be in Times Square?

I'm seeing:

4* Empire State Building Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $206/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess here would be the well reviewed St. Giles - The Tuscany

You could also consider:

5* HOTWIRE World Trade Center - Wall Street for $197.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess would be the Conrad New York which gets excellent reviews, so what you'd be giving up in terms of location you could certainly get back in terms of quality (basically a trade-off and a very nice deal at this price, imo)

Any of the options above work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, Times Square is the most desired location.  My travel companions have never been and want to spend a significant amount of time in the middle of the hustle and bustle.  But we are open to Times Square/Rockefeller...anywhere within walking distance of the Theater District. 

I took your advice and am using the BiddingHelper tool.  I see the Hotwire deal below.  Any idea which hotel this is?  

4.5*

Times Square

11/30 thru 12/03

$230

Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

The trip total equals $980.11 with Tax recovery charges + fees and the resort fee.  Funny enough, the $199 deal I was asking about last week had a similar trip total as this 4.5* deal.  How accurate is the trip total displayed on the hotwire website?  Are there any other hidden charges?  

Thanks again.  This site has been very helpful.  

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

4.5* HOTWIRE Times Square for $230.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Westin Times Square.

Not sure about the $199 listing, but it may have had a higher resort fee? Resort fees have been seen more frequently in NYC in recent years.

Please let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance. 

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.  I went ahead and booked this deal and you were correct, it was the Westin. 

3 nights, $230 per night.  Taxes were $202.96 taking it to $892.96.  I'll be paying an $87 resort fee directly to the hotel. 

I tried to get a 4.5* using Priceline bidding but all my bids were declined so this seems like a decent deal.  Thanks for your help.  

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]