Hotwire Hotel: Help for Charleston Downtown 2 nights Nov 6-8 4.5 or - 5

Helen from CA
By Helen from CA,
in

I'm looking for help with booking a room that will accommodate 3 adults and not sure whether to use Hotwire EasyView or Priceline Express.  

In the QuickQuote on the home page, I put the dates and 1 room / 3 adults.  I understand that Priceline will only guarantee a room for 2 adults.  However, in Priceline Express if I click on the 5* selection for $259 per night, there is an option for 2 Queen Beds for $287 per night.  Does that mean that I will definitely get a room with the 2 Queens and should not have a problem at check-in?  

In the Hotwire Easy View, it appears that I make the selection and count on the hotel ensuring that whatever room I'm assigned will accommodate 3 adults.  There is no bed/room choice.  So for the 4.5*, Hotwire Easy View shows amenities as:    FULL AMENITIES: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower.   What would be your guess as to which hotel this is?

My preference would be the Priceline Express but I'm concerned about the 2 person guarantee even if I select the 2 Queen beds.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

I'm seeing when searching for 3 adults on HOTWIRE:

4.5* HOTWIRE Historic Downtown Charleston for $251.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Market Pavilion Hotel

Are you still seeing the 5* on PRICELINE EXPRESS? The cheapest 5* that I'm seeing for these dates when searching is over $400.

Searching for more than 2 adults on HOTWIRE should result in bedding for the entire party. That may be 1 + rollaway, 1 + sofabed or 2 beds. PRICELINE EXPRESS guarantees 1 bed double occupancy unless there is a bed choice option showing. If you pay for an upgraded bed choice option, then you should get the bed choice option picked.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Unless otherwise indicated, all PRICELINE reservations are for double occupancy.  So, even if you book a room with two queen beds, technically your reservation is for double occupancy, but i don't know of anyone who has yet had an issue showing up with triple/quad occupancy when a specific room type has been booked and that room type is designed to accommodate the number of guests in the group (the one exception to this would be at an all-inclusive property where obviously each additional guests comes with a significant expense).  I wouldn't expect any issues at check-in given your scenario above, although if you are concerned you can minimize any issues by just have one/two people go to the desk at check-in while the other 'roams the lobby' or begins to explore the hotel.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Aaron -  I just tried my search again and am seeing it.  So it was 2 nights, arriving Tuesday Nov 6th and checking out on Thursday Nov 8th.  Under the Priceline Express tab, I selected Downtown Charleston / Historic District and then selected 4, 4.5 and 5*.  For the 5* I see restaurant and fitness center as amenities and $259 per night.  When I click on choose, I get the page with the bed/room selection.

I see it now....

5* Downtown Charleston - Historic District (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $265/nite with:
Fitness Center
Restaurant
==> The Dewberry Charleston is my best guess for this one

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The link in my last reply above should give you direct access to the listing (and sometimes works even if the offer is no longer showing within the 'regular' search results)... if you get a message indicating "sorry you're having trouble with our site" then it is no longer available.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and let us know whatever you decide or how we can be of further help.:smile:

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]