Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York (Madison Square Garden - Convention Area) Crowne Plaza Hy36 Midtown Manhattan

zoeonly
By zoeonly,
in

Hi there--

I have a last-minute trip to NYC coming up this week. I booked flights about 15 minutes ago and am scrambling to figure out hotels. Our flight on Tuesday 10/23 gets in at 10pm AND I've noticed that hotel prices are considerably higher Tuesday and Wednesday night, so I considered splitting up my hotels and doing 2 nights somewhere less expensive and then the remaining Thurs-Sat nights closer to Times Square or Midtown West/HK, which is where I'm familiar with staying and would like to be (always bought with help from BB!). Here are some add'l details:

• Would like to be a minimum of 3.5* and above. For context, during previous 4-5 day trips I've stayed at the Row NYC and at The Belvedere and loved my stays at both. I also stayed one night at the Doubletree Times Square West, which was fine for what it was.
  • I've only ever done Hotwire purchases, but would be open to Priceline
  • We're flying into LGA late Tuesday night. I thought about staying cheap near the airport, but that's fine for one night - not sure I'd want to do it for two. Maybe somewhere else nearby?
  • We have an event at Madison Square Gardens on Wednesday night and on Saturday night. 
  • Other nights are flexible, but we'll likely do a lot of Broadway, including standing in line for rush in the mornings, so from probably Thursday on, easy walking distance to theatres is key
  • I'd love to figure out a way to be under $300 for Thursday-Saturday, but $350 looks a bit more likely. I'm hoping to offset that by being even less expensive Tuesday and Wednesday somewhere else.

Any help is appreciated, especially given the last minute nature. I'm continuing to do research using BB, so I'll update if I find anything that seems like a winning combo. 

For 10/25-10/28 how about any of the following:

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $161/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the The Roosevelt Hotel...  i'm not a fan of this property but listing in case budget is primary objective since it is a very nice price for these dates

4* Lower East Side - Chinatown (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $210/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> Wyndham Garden Chinatown is my guess for this one, doesn't really meet your theatre district location, but reviews are very good and easy enough to get to the theatre area via the subway (this hotel is near two different subway lines, one that is 1 block away and one that is 5 blocks away)

4* Grand Central Terminal - UN (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $258/nite with:
Fitness Center
Restaurant
==> likely the Hotel Boutique At Grand Central or the Club Quarters Grand Central which are sister properties that basically operate out of the same location

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $281/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> if you're OK with the price i would jump on this one... fairly new hotel, excellent reviews, and ticks all of your boxes for location and other needs

Any of the above work for your needs for the second half of your stay? (we can then have a look at the first half of your trip 10/23-10/25)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

JUMPED and got the Crowne Plaza HY36 for 3 nights @ 281 minus 5% discount. I'm thrilled! And, I believe I remember from browsing other threads that there is no resort fee on this one, either, but if anyone knows differently, let me know. For last minute, I feel great about this deal!

Now on to Tuesday and Wednesday... I checked just to see if HY3 had rooms for Wed night with a cheapo stay near LGA on Tuesday, but no go. I think I got the last one for Thursday, too! I'm really pretty open. I haven't stayed anywhere in NYC other than the Hell's Kitchen/Times Square area, so I'd be open to 2 days in an area with lots to explore that's further out. Worst case scenario, I'll bite the bullet and pay to stay somewhere familiar, but I'd love to keep costs down as much as possible. Appreciate any feedback!

Congrats on your success.

Quite a good win for this Crowne Plaza property, which is a newer hotel and continues to get excellent reviews. Glad you are pleased with the result and are looking forward to your stay. I'm not seeing a resort fee listed for this property when searching.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please start a new thread for the additional dates and we would be happy to research and offer suggestions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]