Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast) The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago

TheBugster
By TheBugster,
in

Hi I'm looking for a room in Chicago 12-15 Nov and I have been trying NYOP for both 4.5 and 4* in  Magnificent Mile (tried 5* but went too close to RRP 4* hotels which I'd be happy with!). With both 4.5 and 4* hotels I got to within $s of what was being offered as a Express deal - and then being offered to increase my bid by $x to have a go again (which is usually accepted) - but this was about $40 over the Exrpress deal per night!

Can anyone offer any advice? I used to have lots of success with NYOP but don't seem to be having any luck with it recently. 

Many thanks!

Greg

Please start by following-up your previous Chicago Priceline Hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Also, it would be appreciated, if as requested, you shared your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to gain insight from those who have posted before you:

On 6/4/2018 at 5:47 PM, TheBugster said:

I just got back last week from a trip and all over the city the rooms were dirt cheap.

On 6/4/2018 at 6:12 PM, AaronJB said:

If that stay was a HOTWIRE or PRICELINE purchase, it would be greatly appreciated if you could share the details of the win

In regards to your new upcoming trip, is MagMile the only zone that you included in your 4* and 4.5* bidding and how high did you bid for each?  What is the RRP (regular retail price for anyone following along) for the 4* hotels that you would be happy with and using to determine your maximum bid price?

Lastly, as PRICELINE has been moving/hiding the Name Your Own Price bidding form, note that we have set up the following page for quick and easy access: BiddingForHotelRooms.com

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No problem - I will update that thread apologies I didn't. No in the end the per night stay was crazy high so I got someone else to pay for it as it was circa $650 a night and only the Hyatt Place Downtown which was nothing special at all!! It is shown as $345 or so at the moment which is slightly better but not worth it in any way point of view!

Yes for MagMile I have only allowed added zones which don't have 4* - some colleagues for whatever reason want to stay in that area and seems to be around that price all over central Chicago.

For 4.5 I got to around £105 a night and was then offered to £138 for another bid (assume that would be accepted) - Express deals are available for £113

For 4* I got to around £70 and was offered to increase to £107 for another bid (assume that would be accepted) - Express deals are available for £82

So both NYOP and Express seem to be very close - which I wouldn't expect especially when traditionally it was always much cheaper - but is of course much cheaper than the "Try Again Right Now" for NYOP - which is odd?

Bidding on PRICELINE is usually slightly less than PRICELINE EXPRESS, but not by a wide margin.  As well, the difference is even less when factoring in the BetterBidding Priceline Coupon.

One other bit that is commonly not a factor but may be in this situation... you mention your colleagues want to stay in this area; so how many rooms are you bidding on?  When comparing the PRICELINE EXPRESS rates are you also searching for this same number of rooms, as it's possible that the inventory looks something like this:

1 room available at $125

next room(s) available at $150

==> in this example a bid for 1 room at $125 would be accepted, but if bidding for 2+ rooms the same $125 bid would be rejected

Using current conversion it looks like your current bid is about $138 in USD so why not:

4.5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $147/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
==> best guess for this one would be The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, and when using the board's Priceline Coupon, is equivalent to a $140/nite bid, just $2 more than you have already tried

or thru HOTWIRE:

4.5* HOTWIRE Magnificent Mile - Water Tower for $120.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> the Ivy Boutique Hotel is my best guess here, which is also 4.5* rated by PRICELINE, and with the board's current Hotwire Coupon for 5% off would be even less than you have already bid

Either of the above options work for your plans and budget?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

good question - yes I have been requesting 3 rooms so all pricing is based on 3 rooms! Good to check though.

I'll read through your comments now - but wanted you to know. We have a budget with the company which I think we can hit but I'd rather get the best * rating hotel we can - and not a random hotel!

Hopefully everything clicked through - in the end did NYOP and got it for £110 a night which I think is reasonable - and was the Westin! So £130 inc tax....

Offer price:£110.00/night

Number of rooms:3 rooms

Number of nights:3 nights

Room subtotal:£990.00

Taxes & fees:£195.84

Total charged today:£1,185.84

Thanks for all your help and great insight into thinking it's the Westin - hopefully a good hotel

Congrats on your success.

Very nice win for this Westin property! Glad you are pleased with the result and are looking forward to your stay. Certainly can't be the location, which is right on Michigan Ave across from the Hancock and a block from Water Tower. I'm very familiar with Chicago - please let me know if you have any city questions.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

many thanks - hopefully a good location and some good bars. Stayed in Central Loop a few times and River North but not the best night life (important on a work trip eh?!). I'm sure I saw somewhere with the Express deal which was pretty much the same price with the discount that it would have been a King size bed....with NYOP any type of room is guaranteed isn't it so we could get the cheapest room which is 2 double beds? Are the hotels usually ok at moving someone by themself to a King room that you know of?

You can call the hotel to request a king. They may say no, but could say yes or note the request and say to ask again at check-in. This isn't a super busy period in Chicago, so hopefully it won't be an issue.

This is a good list of restaurants and bars nearby in the Gold Coast neighborhood, including a map: https://chicago.eater.com/maps/best-places-eat-drink-gold-coast

You can also have drinks at the Signature Room (https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-signature-room-at-the-95th-chicago-2) on the 95th floor of the Hancock next door to the hotel. Also within reasonable walking distance is Centennial Crafted Beer & Eatery (https://www.yelp.com/biz/centennial-crafted-beer-and-eatery-chicago), HQ Beercade is fun (https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g35805-d10188694-Reviews-Headquarters_Beercade-Chicago_Illinois.html) and the Z Bar at the Peninsula (https://www.yelp.com/biz/z-bar-chicago-2)

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]