Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (O'Hare Airport (ORD) North) The Westin O' Hare

Vermonter1
By Vermonter1,
in

I am traveling with my wife and looking for a one night stay in Chicago.  Prefer Theater District / Loop area .  Check in Dec 5.

On HotWire I am seeing a 4.5 star Hotel with the following amenities:   Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Pet Friendly.

My guess is its the Kimpton Gray Hotel but the Golf amenity is adding a bit of uncertainty.  What do you think?

Also I will be arriving at O'hare and getting a rental car at some point since I will be traveling out to my brothers for the weekend.  What are the options for ground transportation from the airport to the hotel?  Or should I just bite the bullet and pay for overnight parking?

Thanks for you help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Taking mass transit from O'Hare to 'Downtown' is relatively easy, probably about 50-60 minutes.  Unless heading towards O'Hare is in the opposite direction of your brother's place i would suggest picking up the rental car on Thursday afternoon/evening after your stay (if your brother's place is in the opposite direction of O'Hare then it becomes a more difficult decision, but still may be better to take mass transit).  By picking up the rental car after your hotel stay you not only save on parking, but also save paying for an additional rental day, and will likely be able to take advantage of weekend rates if you are picking up the vehicle after 12:00 noon on Thursday.

In regards to the hotel you're referencing above:

4.5* HOTWIRE Theater District - Loop for $103.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==> best guess for this one would be Virgin Hotels Chicago

Assuming our research above is correct, the Blue Line is a 5 minute walk from this hotel which is the subway line that you would take to/from O'Hare.

Does this work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The walk to the Clark/Lake Blue Line is definitely a quick/straightforward scroll and this is a great, central location. I'd agree that if possible best not to rent a car until after the hotel stay - if you're parking in the Millennium Park lots, that's around $40, but if you're parking at the hotel that can be higher than $70. If your brother lives near a Metra station, perhaps that might also be an option, but in any case I wouldn't rent a car to drive downtown. I'm very familiar with the Chicago area and happy to answer any hotel (or city) questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 1 month later...

We decided to stay out by O'Hare with a Hotel that offered Airport Shuttle Service.  I received the  Westin via Priceline Express.  ( O'Hare Airport North ).  Price was $84 / night + $28.46 for taxes / fees.

Since this was the only 4* Hotel listed in your Hotel Lists I was pretty confident this was the Hotel we were going to receive.

Thanks for the great tools .  So now I need to figure out the  best way to get to 2nd City on the afternoon of Dec 6th.

4* O'Hare Airport (ORD) North for $84/nite
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Airport Shuttle
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Do you want me to start a new thread to post this win?   

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.  We have edited the topic title to reflect your win and moved this thread to the PRICELINE EXPRESS section of the board.

Please click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and have fun in Chicago.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]