Priceline Hotel: Alien in New York

Browner007
By Browner007,
in

Hi guys,

Reading through the masses of information on this site is straining my little brain, so I thought it best to go straight to the source...

I am arranging a trip to NYC 10/5/18 - 10/8-18 for a concert at MSG for my partners 30th. However, I have never been before, and unsure where to look to stay? Central Park South seems the most logical due to location, but we're going to sight see, so is my assumption correct?

Regards hotels, $250-$350 a night potentially, and hopefully somewhere that is memorable.

I've never used any of these sites before and just want to make sure I get best for my buck!

With the extensive knowledge you process, what options would you look at?

Thanks,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you're willing to spend near the upper end of your budget this hotel would be perfect for you, imo:

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $294/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
==> best guess for this one would be the Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan which is a fairly new hotel, gets excellent reviews (currently the #32 highest rated hotel in NYC out of nearly 500 hotels), is walkable to Times Square, 2 blocks from Penn Station for easy access to multiple subway lines, and also 2 blocks to MSG.

To give you an idea of what is available for less...
4* Empire State Building Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $231/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> this is likely the Shelburne Hotel and Suites by Affinia, which is a fine hotel and would be recommended if the property above was not offered, is not as new as the Crowne Plaza, is not as centrally located, and with the resort fee of about $30/nite (a growing trend for NYC hotels) does not really come out that much cheaper than the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts (and how it goes if you take the offer above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]