Priceline Hotel: Help!!! NYC 9/11-9/13

Travelernyc2018
By Travelernyc2018,
in

Hello, I will be traveling to New York City from 9/11 to 9/13. I have been there many times and usually able to snag a 5 star hotel for under $200 through the express deals. This time however rates are ridiculously high and I am not sure what to do. I am flexible regarding neighborhood but cannot compromise on the quality/rating of the hotel. I prefer to book at least a 4.5 star and keep the price under $200. Is that possible and would you recommend waiting last minute for good deals? I don’t want to risk rates going even higher

Any advice would be appreciated!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

The Fall is generally a busy time in NYC, although these dates seem unusually pricey. Unfortunately, given the kind of rates that I'm seeing under $200 for a 4.5*+ is not going to be realistic (the cheapest 4.5* that I'm seeing on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS is $343.) Even at the 4* level, under $200 is unlikely given rates I'm seeing.

Would under $200 be your absolute max? Unfortunately, a 4* will likely take in the mid $200's, while 4.5*+ will likely take $300-320+.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

AaronJB,

Thank you so much for your response! I am willing to go up in price if there are no other options. I was in NYC last month and was able to book the Conrad for $189 and was hoping for something similar. Do you think there is a chance prices will fall as we get closer to the date or should I just book now? Also would you recommend bidding?

There is no way to know if prices will drop, or move even higher, between now and your trip.  However, with most 4.5*+ hotels hovering at around $400/nite, i would not expect them to drop to the $200 area, although +/- $50 in either direction is certainly possible.

You could:

1) use our sister site RefundableRates.com to book a back-up reservation at a price you could live with.

2) use our other site, RateDrop to set an alert for 4.5* and higher properties at both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE so that should anything drop to within your 'buy point' you will immediately be made aware of it

If you want to move forward bidding on PRICELINE we can suggest a strategy for you to follow if you let us know the minimum star rating, zones, and maximum bid price... but similar to my first point above, if most 'opaque' rates are in the $400 area i don't think your target of $200 is going to be in the right ballpark.

Also, note that priceline continues to move/hide the bidding page from their website, so we have set-up the following page for easy access to bid on priceline: BiddingForHotelRooms.com

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]